Something you hate about online multiplayer gamers.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Only online game I have played is either with friends or is Phantasy Star Online 2.
And PSO2 is fucking beautiful with (so far) a kickass community* :V

*Depending on your tastes and what Ship(server) you are on V:
I haven't played PSO2 since... well, the open beta. I've heard that Ship 2 Blocks 20 & 21 have massive trolling despite (or perhaps because of?) them being the primary English servers. Has that significantly changed or is that akin to your... tastes? :ninja:
Yeah, Block 20 is notorious, plus most of the hackers are also apparently there :V The rest of the servers/blocks are fine though, Ship 10 I think has the second biggest english community. Plus there's apparently going to be a server transfer option added which can be used to jump ship, assuming it doesn't cost money D:
Do note that I was including JP players when I said community, several peeps play with them/communicate with them as well, they are cool peeps, at least those me and my friends have come across V:

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playing video games is like masturbation - it's something you do alone or with people you are very close to. Doing it with random strangers on the internet is just weird and uncomfortable.

Reactions: 7 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I hate most about online multiplayer is everyone who complains about the fact that it exists. Just the people who are like "ONLINE MULTIPLAYER RUINS GAMES, SINGLE PLAYER IS GOING DOWN THE SHITTER." Just obnoxious.

But yes, players are always annoying, regardless of console or platform. Consoles are usually just full of kids who get really angry over anything. It's where you see all those "omg u fagget im gunna hack u" pics come from. The PC isn't much better though, it's just full of elitists. It changes from rage-filled 12 year olds to smug assholes. It's not much better. Every insult is just "GO BACK TO PLAYING COD FAGGET" or "I ONLY PLAY SKILL CLASSES LIKE X".

Another complaint is just the learning curve. I'm always nervous starting a new game because, odds are I'll suck at it. And if everyone else is really good, it's hard to get better if you're getting spanked left and right.

Reactions: 3 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What I hate most about online multiplayer is everyone who complains about the fact that it exists. Just the people who are like "ONLINE MULTIPLAYER RUINS GAMES, SINGLE PLAYER IS GOING DOWN THE SHITTER." Just obnoxious.
I couldn't agree more. I've seen so many people whine about the existence of ANY extra feature in a game, and I'm like, "Why? It doesn't inherently make the game worse. If you don't like that feature, don't utilize it."

That said, I do understand people's worries about 1 player games when the company focuses too much on online multiplayer... Remember the Halo 2 campaign compared to the Halo 3 campaign? Halo 2's campaign was MUCH longer and despite the fact that Halo 2 did have online play, it didn't become a central feature until Halo 3. I do partially blame the focus on online at the expense of campaign for that. Same thing between Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 3. Gears of War was one of those really weird shooters that, at least to me, seemed to put a much bigger emphasis on the campaign than on the multiplayer. But that changed in Gears of War 3 and, once again, the campaign we got was just weirdly short.
Another complaint is just the learning curve. I'm always nervous starting a new game because, odds are I'll suck at it. And if everyone else is really good, it's hard to get better if you're getting spanked left and right.
I also worry about this. This is why I like all the "skill points" and special settings for online in Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition that allow you to set your matchmaking based on skill level.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This

ua0Fu.jpg

Because talking like a shit-mouthed 12 year old on Live is supposed to somehow make you NOT sound like a shit-mouthed 12 year old on Live?

Online play needs mandatory age verification. Driver's license or state issued ID mandatory for signup, with one account per ID. At that point, sure, your 12 year old brother could play, but if he gets you banned, you're both screwed.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Playing video games is like masturbation - it's something you do alone or with people you are very close to. Doing it with random strangers on the internet is just weird and uncomfortable.

Now that's the Depravo i know.

EDIT:
i was gonna put i know and love, but i thought better of it

Reactions: 3 people

loco365

Trophies
XP
I hate that myself too. If you don't like online, then just play offline. Because if you want single player, and single player only for every game you want, you'll have a mob of angry fans at your door.

Anyways,I don't play online often, unless it's like Mario Kart 7 or something that can't be hacked, because hackers online take the fun out of any game. And that's before all the little kids that are playing and circlejerk spammers that do stupid things and all that BS.

Reactions: 1 person

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the PC isn't much better though, it's just full of elitists. It changes from rage-filled 12 year olds to smug assholes. It's not much better. Every insult is just "GO BACK TO PLAYING COD FAGGET" or "I ONLY PLAY SKILL CLASSES LIKE X".
Sounds like you should try finding a nice server/community to me. Sure, foulmouthed idiots like the ones you describe exists but in decent enough communities they are silenced and maybe even booted for behaving in such a manner.

Reactions: 2 people

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
add minox on steam and just join the servers that he plays on

edit: also be like me, say shit ironically and use hyperbole to annoy people who get mad at video games. Don't get mad at video games kids, they aren't important. Have fun, stop getting mad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...