Something wrong with my DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by spgomez, Sep 23, 2008.

Sep 23, 2008
  1. spgomez
    OP

Newcomer spgomez Member

United States
    Something seems to be going on with my DS Lite. At first I thought it was related to the R4 I was using, but I recently bought my gf a DS and she's been using the R4 with no ill effects.

Basically what's happening is it is starting to turn itself off at random times, regardless of how well the battery is charged. It seems to happen when a button is pressed, be it the A or B button. I recently got a CycloDS for me to use and it's still doing. It seems like a short to me or something like that, because another symptom is the power led will turn a lighter shade of green sometimes.

This DS was never taken apart, it is a navy blue ds from Japan if that's of any significance. Is this a sign of a bad battery or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think it is probably something wrong with the circuits within the DS. check if you still have warrenty on it.

3. spgomez
    OP

Newcomer spgomez Member

United States
    Called Nintendo and they are gonna cover it under warranty. Only bad thing is that b/c it's Enamel Navy, if they have to replace it I'll end up getting a US color back. But at least it will be a working DS [​IMG]