Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Talaria said:
1. A dolphin is not a human it does not think or feel in our human capacity
I personally never said they did think at the same level as a human - and they probably don't, especially in terms of abstract concepts, but they certainly do feel pain, fear, sadness, and loneliness.

I personally never directed this at you.

2. Intelligence has nothing to do with how much pain it feels. Pain is purely to do with the nervous system, in order to remind/alert the being that they have been injured to aid survival.
So...because pain exists for an evolutionary purpose, things deserve to die? Wut?
Hrmmm.....likez I neva saids things deserve 2 die? lol wut?

3. 'Dolphins' are not endangered. Certain types of dolphin are.
....So? Only endangered animals deserve to live?
-Above wise

5. No, one answer is going to be correct, we are humans we all think/feel/have opinions different from each other.
This is a question of morality, and right vs wrong, as opposed to correct vs incorrect. Since the beginning of the concept, the human race has defined right as something that will preserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (where do you think the constitution got it from ;D?), and something that does just that can only be wrong if the negative consequences would outweigh the life, liberty, and happiness of the previous group.
I'm sorry the Constitution? Never heard of it.

In my opinion as long as the dolphins are killed humanely and a healthy population of these types of dolphins are maintained they can go about their business.
Sure! Let's go and kill people, too, actually. We're far overpopulated and there has been nothing done. It would improve the economy quite a bit, same as how it happened after the black plague - less people to fill jobs, more capita per worker.

This is a question of morality and ethics. Sure I could be implying that, and hell might be even better for the world. But despite this a dolphin is being hunted right now, oh and a whale. Perhaps some is killing a Bear right now because they have the right to bear arms. Afterall it's what the good ol' US of A's constitution states.

Edit- Reply to below, to an extent, some of your argument's were moot, as unfortunately I was misinterpreted such is the nature of a written text. And yes my new arguments are nothing really, just a dickish need to reply. What I was attempting to point out is how do you define life? Who can take it? The basis of this banter/debating is going to lead to the same philosophical debate on life which has plagued humanity since its existence and leads to no answer.

/exeunt (Talaria leaves the stage in a dishevelled manner)

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
@talaria - really long quote, so not doing it again.

All of your "new" "arguments" are completely moot. Half of them are completely missing the point.

And by arguing that it is morally correct to kill them, you are saying that they deserve to die.

No, killing a bear is not any more right than killing a dolphin, and I never endorsed it. The right to bear arms is to protect yourself in self-defense. That is the purpose of it. The people feared a government who could come in and kill them, where they had no defense of their own - the right to bear arms was necessary to appease the people.

EDIT: Going to work - not going to respond for a while.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
N4RU70 FR34K said:
EDIT : Humans are nowhere near an animals we are actually smart it's not like go around lions like dolphins go near fishermen.
Are you trying to say that humans aren't animals?
huh.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love how chaz loled and everyone ignored him to flame naruto... anyways this is one of those things that some people just don't care about and others are deeply moved by

I think that the whole red sea thing made it look alot worse, however I do agree with some points made in this thread (but not all)

I don't want to enter this flame war, but I do think that these type of documentaries usually stop the situation from being so severe (or at least as severe as it was during the recording), but what would I know? these are Japanese people

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Terminator02 said:
i love how chaz loled and everyone ignored him to flame naruto... anyways this is one of those things that some people just don't care about and others are deeply moved by

I think that the whole red sea thing made it look alot worse, however I do agree with some points made in this thread (but not all)

I don't want to enter this flame war, but I do think that these type of documentaries usually stop the situation from being so severe (or at least as severe as it was during the recording), but what would I know? these are Japanese people
I doubt it would. I mean, based on what is told, at least maybe they'd change something in the schools, but that's it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Yes, we are. How many times does it need to be stated again?
that's a quite controversial "fact", but everyone's views on it are so fixed it's not worth arguing

Edit: everytime I see Nad's avatar i think it's someone else, you better change it before I lose my mind

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Terminator02 said:
that's a quite controversial "fact", but everyone's views on it are so fixed it's not worth arguing
Evolution is a fact. What we call humans are just evolved monkeys (I'm simplifying it but you get the gist).

Kinda makes this sound like Pokémon, really.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Terminator02 said:
that's a quite controversial "fact", but everyone's views on it are so fixed it's not worth arguingEvolution is a fact. What we call humans are just evolved monkeys (I'm simplifying it but you get the gist).

QUOTE(Terminator02 @ Aug 31 2010, 08:47 AM)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Terminator02 said:
Evolution is a fact. What we call humans are just evolved monkeys (I'm simplifying it but you get the gist).

Last I heard it was still a theory,nothing concrete was proven.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hahaha something is dying , funny stuff , you made my day sir!

now thats a reason to call me an asshole... (tho i really think that and i laugh for real while watching the video but thats just me lol i have fun watching video of human dying lol )

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
I just pointed out that it is a fact. Anyone that fully believes in creationism is an idiot.
(then) there are a lot of idiots in this world

(that then at the beginning of my sentence makes all the difference)

Edit: "then there are a lot of idiots in this world" saying that there are many believers in creationism and according to your definition are therefore idiots (brain muscles activate)

"there are a lot of idiots in this world" saying that there are a lot of idiots that believe in creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: