Something really horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami! You forgot the quote!

---edit---

Thank you
smile.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N4RU70 FR34K said:
They're people starving and dying of things like cancer and you're worried about save some freaking dolphins, they don't even benefit us (except for Japan because they eat them) anyways I win
tongue.gif

Why do you type if you continue to type up a bunch of nonsense just to stir up trouble?
Dolphins are just as smart as humans.
How would YOU feel if you were hunted/lured/tricked into a net only to be slaughtered as if you are nothing?
How would that make you feel? Oh, that's right, you wouldn't be feeling anything, cause you'd be DEAD.

Do your fucking research next time before you type.

Ugh.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
N4RU70 FR34K said:
Because they're animals it's like how we kill cows, it's not that big of a deal also that's their job.Difference in culture still doesn't approve of the fact these animals are killed for fun/fake food. Dolphins are among the most intelligent species of animals on this planet (some humans are smarter, definitely not all of 'em though). Killing them is good for absolutely nothing. I think I'll go ahead and kill you, because you're just an animal, too.

Oh, andQUOTE(monkat @ Aug 30 2010, 07:23 PM) You are a fucking asshole.

D

Deleted User

N4RU70 FR34K said:
...anyways I win
tongue.gif

Go fuck yourself.

QUOTE(monkat @ Aug 30 2010, 07:23 PM) You are a fucking asshole.

(I don't usually get this angry, sorry, but this is slightly...)

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
All comes down to your philosophy on the value of life. In my opinion people too often try and shove a human perspective on an animal. For example:

QUOTE said:
How would YOU feel if you were hunted/lured/tricked into a net only to be slaughtered as if you are nothing?
How would that make you feel? Oh, that's right, you wouldn't be feeling anything, cause you'd be DEAD.

( Oh this isn't based on the quote above, just various comments in the thread)

1. A dolphin is not a human it does not think or feel in our human capacity

2. Intelligence has nothing to do with how much pain it feels. Pain is purely to do with the nervous system, in order to remind/alert the being that they have been injured to aid survival.

3. 'Dolphins' are not endangered. Certain types of dolphin are.

4. Humans are animals...wow...Captain Obvious to the rescue.

5. No one answer is going to be correct, we are humans we all think/feel/have opinions different from each other.

In my opinion as long as the dolphins are killed humanely and a healthy population of these types of dolphins are maintained they can go about their business.

D

Deleted User

Did you know that dolphins and humans are the only two animals that take pleasure from sex?

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Talaria said:
I personally never said they did think at the same level as a human - and they probably don't, especially in terms of abstract concepts, but they certainly do feel pain, fear, sadness, and loneliness.
2. Intelligence has nothing to do with how much pain it feels. Pain is purely to do with the nervous system, in order to remind/alert the being that they have been injured to aid survival.
So...because pain exists for an evolutionary purpose, things deserve to die? Wut?
....So? Only endangered animals deserve to live?
Uhm....K. Not sure what you were trying to accomplish with this
5. No, one answer is going to be correct, we are humans we all think/feel/have opinions different from each other.
This is a question of morality, and right vs wrong, as opposed to correct vs incorrect. Since the beginning of the concept, the human race has defined right as something that will preserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (where do you think the constitution got it from ;D?), and something that does just that can only be wrong if the negative consequences would outweigh the life, liberty, and happiness of the previous group.
In my opinion as long as the dolphins are killed humanely and a healthy population of these types of dolphins are maintained they can go about their business.
Sure! Let's go and kill people, too, actually. We're far overpopulated and there has been nothing done. It would improve the economy quite a bit, same as how it happened after the black plague - less people to fill jobs, more capita per worker.

I didn't feel like breaking this apart, so my answers are bolded below your reasoning.

QUOTE(JetKun @ Aug 31 2010, 08:08 AM) Did you know that dolphins and humans are the only two animals that take pleasure from sex?

All (or at least most) mammals do - it provides assurance of the survival of the species.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Talaria said:
All comes down to your philosophy on the value of life. In my opinion people too often try and shove a human perspective on an animal. For example:

QUOTE said:

( Oh this isn't based on the quote above, just various comments in the thread)

5. No one answer is going to be correct, we are humans we all think/feel/have opinions different from each other.

Regardles of whether it is right or wrong dolphins should not be killed and eaten due the high amount of mercury in their 'meat'.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JetKun said:
Did you know that dolphins and humans are the only two animals that take pleasure from sex?
Could've sworn I read something years ago about pigs having 30-minute orgasms or something like that.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
They're people starving and dying of things like cancer and you're worried about save some freaking dolphins, they don't even benefit us (except for Japan because they eat them) anyways I win
tongue.gif

Animals die of cancer as well. My first dog did.

The majority of people on Earth don't benefit anyone. In fact, I'd say most of humanity is a detriment to our progress as a species.

You don't benefit me. Scuse me while I grab my harpoon and shove it into your throat.

...last but not least...
QUOTE(monkat @ Aug 30 2010, 07:23 PM) You are a fucking asshole.
My cat died of cancer too but dolphins aren't that great anyways so yeah, it's not like you guys can change my opinion because I usually never do.

EDIT : Humans are nowhere near an animals we are actually smart it's not like go around lions like dolphins go near fishermen.

@ Talaria he/she is right she brought up excellent points.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Sure! Let's go and kill people, too, actually. We're far overpopulated and there has been nothing done. It would improve the economy quite a bit, same as how it happened after the black plague - less people to fill jobs, more capita per worker.

I couldn't agree more. Since over 20,000 get killed a year, why don't we kill 20,000 people a year? That way we can get the economy under control.
Why didn't I think of this before!
yay.gif

Let's start with the idiots, they won't put up much of a fight cause they've got a case of The Stupid.

(Your answer actually makes sense.)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Talaria said:
'Dolphins' are not endangered. Certain types of dolphin are.
That is not a decent argument at all. If these mass murders continue, all dolphin species will become endangered (and perhaps even extinct). Which is why we want it to stop.

Nature destroys species that aren't worthy of surviving, there is no need for us to destroy any other species.

And don't start ranting on how flies and mosquitos are animals too, because their population is so immense, they will most likely never become extinct.

So, tl;dr: your point(s) is/are moot.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
monkat said:

I couldn't agree more. Since over 20,000 get killed a year, why don't we kill 20,000 people a year? That way we can get the economy under control.
Why didn't I think of this before!
yay.gif

Let's start with the idiots, they won't put up much of a fight cause they've got a case of The Stupid.

(Your answer actually makes sense.)
We don't kill people because we aren't retarded, dolphins are freaking animals who cares if they die or live.

EDIT : Hi Ellie
biggrin.gif

EDIT : I'll be back in about 8 hours have fun bringing up useless things.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N4RU70 FR34K said:
We don't kill people because we aren't retarded, dolphins are freaking animals who cares if they die or live.

biggrin.gif

You aren't?
unsure.gif

This is just you trying to get under the skin of everyone, I've seen you do this plenty of times before to know when you're trying to do so.

Better luck next time.

monkat

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
N4RU70 FR34K said:

biggrin.gif

...There are quite a few humans who are retarded. Even more are actually just stupid out of will power (or lack thereof)*cough cough*.

I care if they live or die. Their families care if they live or die. Their predators care, their prey cares, almost everyone in this thread cares.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:

biggrin.gif

...There are quite a few humans who are retarded. Even more are actually just stupid out of will power (or lack thereof)*cough cough*.

I care if they live or die. Their families care if they live or die. Their predators care, their prey cares, almost everyone in this thread cares.
Well I don't really care for retarded people but they're still people.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
Well I don't really care for retarded people but they're still people.

And we don't really care about you.
But we're still people.
I have to agree.
Your comments are totally irrelevant.
It really sucks that they're slaughtering dolphins over there. How long has this been going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"