huilie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hey guys,
First time posting in this forum so I'm not sure if this is where it's supposed to be.

This is something that I've experienced while trying to downgrade, should i just proceed on to downgrade or is there something i'm missing / doing terribly wrong?
From videos i've seen no one has this screen, usually it should be having lines about ARM11 Kernel Exploit right?

I just thought i'd share about this.
ztmdJRA.jpg

huilie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That..that's exactly what you should see...
From what i've seen in youtube videos there should be lines saying
ARM11 Kernel Exploit
#1: Allocating buffers...
#2: Allocating pages...
#3: Map SlabHeap in userland...
etc, etc

since those arent there i think i am missing something!

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Every time I see a new downgrading thread in the Homebrew Development and Emulators section I die a little bit more inside. That screen is normal. Pres Y to downgrade and wait a couple of minutes. If it's not doing anything then force shutdown and try again. It can take many tries with many different errors or freezes. It's normal. The exploit is really unstable.

Last edited by JJTapia19,
Reactions: Games&Stuff

huilie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Every time I see a new downgrading thread in the Homebrew Development and Emulators I die a little bit more inside. That screen is normal. Pres Y to downgrade and what a couple of minutes. If it's not doing anything then force shutdown and try again. It can take many tries with many different errors or freezes. It's normal. The exploit is really unstable.

I think most of us are just super paranoid. Better to ask then risk a bricked device?

I'll just give it a shot then

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most of us are just super paranoid. Better to ask then risk a bricked device?

I'll just give it a shot then
Have you checked your hashes after transferring?
Have you triple checked region, version, and model of the files you are using?

huilie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Have you checked your hashes after transferring?
Have you triple checked region, version, and model of the files you are using?
I'll check my hashes again but i'm very confident on my region, version and model that i've transferred.
I'm using a 3DSLL on 10.3.0-28J

landis21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thats what you will see in the new system downgrade.. but make sure that you have the right downgrade version or else you'll get brick...

huilie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Not sure about the number but I think it's this one
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820
Read the feedback it got on that same thread just to make sure.
(i think)it's the same one that i'm using, there's no difference in the sysUpdater screen!

thats what you will see in the new system downgrade.. but make sure that you have the right downgrade version or else you'll get brick...
So it is just me being super paranoid because i have a slightly different feedback compared to youtube videos?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(i think)it's the same one that i'm using, there's no difference in the sysUpdater screen!

So it is just me being super paranoid because i have a slightly different feedback compared to youtube videos?
Well it'd be smart to exercise caution still. Early versions of the system downgrader specifically bricked J units because it didn't remove a problematic title.

I think they ironed this out rather quickly, but you should make sure you're not running an old version.

huilie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
update:
It was successful!
I double checked my hashes and the version / region that I've transferred to the updates folder and took the plunge
I guess if the lines:
ARM11 Kernel Exploit
#1 : Allocating Buffers...
#2 : Allocating Pages...
#3 : Map SlabHeap in userland...
etc, etc, dont show up it's perfectly normal.

Thanks everyone for your help!
cLX4cxy.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0