Hacking Someone recommend me a good microsd. =\

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Samsung Plus 4GB MicroSD and as well as the graphical problems in Final Fantasy III's Intro, games such as Pokemon Black lag at times, where they have ran smoothly on my Kingston 2GB Japanese Card.

So now I have to buy another MicroSD card as this one just won't cut it anymore. Any suggestions on a fast, high performance card that isn't too expensive?

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reccomend this:
http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-microsdhc-.../205001871.html

I use that one, and it has no slow-downs ever
biggrin.gif

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my MicroSD from Amazon, which had the cheapest price. I am normally careful when ordering online

I just did some more tests and it turns out it's a firmware issue (tests on my 2gb, which for some reason had a different loader that didn't produce graphic glitches). Though I still need another SD care as I have now ordered a supercard dstwo.
unsure.gif

Edit - I just did a search on Amazon for Transcend and it turns out they do in fact stock them.
blink.gif
I was always under the impression that they didn't but I bookmarked the link and will probably buy it at a later date.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recommend ADATA.
I bought an ADATA 4GB Class 6 MicroSDHC card from Newegg, it was actually one of the cheapest of ALL 4GB SDHC cards too, and it's worked flawlessly. Absolutely NO slowdowns or long save periods.

The slowdowns happen on cards with low Random Access and Read speeds. The Class rating is for WRITE speed only, but it stands to reason that something with a high write speed will have a higher read speed as well.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You shoud realy buy an micro sdhc from kingston,(class 4 or 6) you know micro sd card class are some big deal cause they can read and copy more fast.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Legaia said:
You shoud realy buy an micro sdhc from kingston,(class 4 or 6) you know micro sd card class are some big deal cause they can read and copy more fast.
Okay people, wake up call,

* Class speed defines MINIMUM writing speed. It defines the slowest writing speed possible under normal circumstances. When I said normal I mean under ideal condition and room temperature. Class speed has NOTHING to do reading speed. While it correlates with reading speed, there is NO definite relationship between them.

* Even if reading speed is increased, it does NOT translate into increased performance for flashcart. In flashcart we are looking for random access speed. Reading speed everyone is referring to sequential access speed. Sequential access speed means data is being read from point A to B to C to D in order. It is an important factor camcorder, camera, computer, etc. Random access speed on the other hand, is an important factor for flashcart. In random access speed, data is being read from point A to D to B to C in RANDOM order. Reading speed does not tell us random access speed. Again, while reading speed tends to correlate with random access speed, there is NO definite relationship.

* Class speed is rated by manufacturer. It is NOT confirmed by SD card association. Therefore it is possible that some manufacturer lie about class speed.

* While there is no conclusive evidence behind this, people have reported that higher class leads to higher chance of data corruption.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
* Class speed is rated by manufacturer. It is NOT confirmed by SD card association. Therefore it is possible that some manufacturer lie about class speed.Sure, it's possible for the manufacturer to lie about class speed... but it's more likely that if they did, the SD Association would revoke their license to manufacture them.
While we're talking about things that are not grounded in reality, when you plug it into your PC or Phone THEIR STEELING UR DATAS!!!1!!!11!one

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Nov 21 2010, 10:37 PM) * While there is no conclusive evidence behind this, people have reported that higher class leads to higher chance of data corruption.
Citation?
I've never seen anything about this, I would venture the guess that it's more related to cheap brands or Chinese/Taiwan manufactured cards (both which have a whole host of issues: lower quality, 'ghost runs' (cards unofficially manufactured off-hours by employees often using sub-standard or defective parts), counterfeits, etc).

And I'll take a loose correlation between Write Speed -> Read Speed -> Random Access speed over POSSIBILITIES of multi-billion dollar companies lying about specs and 'evidence-lacking reports' of class rating being related to a chance of corruption.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used 4 gig Class 6 A-data microSD cards exclusively, for three years.
One of them got corrupted in my old M3 simply, but that was the only time.
They're my best recommendation.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anytime I buy a micro sd for any reason I stick to kingston brand. The reason is they have a lifetime warranty and if it breaks you just go to their website and fill out a form. Then you send it back and they send a replacement. The only cost is shipping the old card to them. You can also find them pretty cheap at newegg.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for posting everyone.

I've found decent prices for both A-DATA 4GB (8GB is too expensive) and Transcend 8 GB on Amazon, so now it's a matter of which one to get. Of course it would be smart if I got both but right now I only need one.

Edit - After some searching I might settle with A-DATA for now.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,

i've been having a problem running certain games that are confirmed working with AP patch. games like 999, and golden sun (J) both crash while running with AP although it is confirmed working with AP.

i have a kingston card that came bundled with Acekard 2i from realhotstuff, some kingston crap card that has worked with most games, but not with games with AP.

if i buy this card http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013DXVY...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER will it 100% work with AP enabled in those games that normally crashed on my kingston card? if you don't know, could you recommend a card from amazon that will 100% work with AP patch? thanks.

thanks guy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...