• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Someone pls explain why Democrats don't want ICE contacted if illegal aliens attempt to buy guns

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Country's "Freedom of Speech." do not apply to private message boards.

yeah, youre right, and if someone in admin or above wants to do something they will. but i think they understand the words, freedom of speech,
remember the difference between that, and a call to action.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, youre right, and if someone in admin or above wants to do something they will. but i think they understand the words, freedom of speech,
remember the difference between that, and a call to action.

I do not mean to be mean.. but is English your first language? Because some it seems difficult to read, and may be slightly why some of us are having difficulty.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Obama/his administration has spent the most money in us history suppressing journalists and media.
Obama never called the press "the enemy of the people," and he never took away press passes for asking the "wrong" questions. His administration did go after whistleblowers hard, but mostly for confidential/classified leaks. Again there's simply no comparison. Obama was a competent leader who inspired loyalty, Trump is a fucking childish baffoon who demands loyalty under threat of NDA.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Tigran

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Reminds me of that not so inaccurate meme where Conservatives just make stuff up but at least Liberals will post a wikipedia article

you are outright offensive and toxic. why do i need to post a link??? like i have it on me right now??? im at work!!!!!
i just said that!!!
look it up yourself!!! i was just pointing it out!!!

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Obama never called the press "the enemy of the people," and he never took away press passes for asking the "wrong" questions. His administration did go after whistleblowers hard, but mostly for confidential/classified leaks. Again there's simply no comparison. Obama was a competent leader who inspired loyalty, Trump is a fucking childish baffoon who demands loyalty under threat of NDA.

thats your opinion.
and the press is the enemy of the people. they are all liers.
good day sir.
i cant stop laughing...
if i stay any longer ill turn into a communist liberal scum

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty obvious that (1) not all firearm denials are criminal (only ~24.7% in Pennsylvania resulted in convictions) and (2) it's on a State-by-State basis for most of what is legal or illegal. Further, clearly plenty of States themselves aren't interested in prosecuting people--"they have other law enforcement priorities". It's not even the issue of it being a poison pill. It's literally a pointless exercise.

1)Just because an investigation doesn't end in a conviction doesn't mean there wasn't a crime. Criminal prosecution, which requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt, is extremely inefficient if you judge it by arrests vs. convictions. I'm fine with that -- it helps insure against wrongful convictions. In this case, it isn't even arrests btw, but referrals for investigation. There are many different reasons why these referrals could end up with no resulting criminal case ... person couldn't be found or identified due to using a false identity, person made a deal to turn state's evidence in exchange for a dismissal, person didn't lie but the background check system was in error (happens, Dylan Roof bought a gun because the system was in error), Prosecutor didn't give a shit, etc. For simple referrals to investigate to criminal convictions, 25% is actually pretty impressive.

2) This is federal law we're talking about here so legal or not is not determined on a State-by-State basis. But there's nothing currently in the federal law that compels FFL's to refer background check rejections to law enforcement. So lacking that enforcement mechanism, usually nothing happens.

Edit: considering how tragically off-topic the majority of posts in this thread over the last couple pages have gone due to the inane, indecipherable posts of one person, I now declare this thread to be about echidnas, and monotremes generally.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Obama Loyal" lol that man has helped to contribute to the state of decay the world now lays in the West along with the Traitors of UK Tories and the UN Globalists that and more is why this thread and others like it exist to divide.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: PanTheFaun

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
You seriously need to learn to be more consistent with your arguments. Is attacking the first amendment a good thing, or a bad thing? Pretty simple decision.

what?? no, media controlled by other entities to lie to the public and spread false information, and in the long run create a disinformation ecosystem...
that...
is NOT freedom of speech
not when you are paid to say something no matter what if you want to keep your job

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I randomly picked one of your sources (the first one), and it had nothing to do with President Obama suppressing journalists. It's like you did a quick Google search of "Obama journalists bad" and pasted the results. Did you read your sources?

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what?? no, media controlled by other entities to lie to the public and spread false information, and in the long run create a disinformation ecosystem...
that...
is NOT freedom of speech
The right to a press, free and independent of government influence, is included in the first amendment bud. The opposite of that is called propaganda.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Lacius

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
I randomly picked one of your sources (the first one), and it had nothing to do with President Obama suppressing journalists. It's like you did a quick Google search of "Obama journalists bad" and pasted the results. Did you read your sources?

i said he suppressed the media AND journalists
cant you read?
and yes i did, im not going to explain 8 years of his wrong doings
so yes i did a google search and you should too!! that is my whole point, quit relying on people to give you info, take what you hear, then research it.
holy balls

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...apper-obama-has-used-espionage-act-more-all-/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

listen to some immortal technique or something, theres a good song called the 4th branch, go to youtube and listen to it. you all are just brainwashed.
again, im out. peace.

Reactions: CORE

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i said he suppressed the media AND journalists
cant you read?
and yes i did, im not going to explain 8 years of his wrong doings
so yes i did a google search and you should too!! that is my whole point, quit relying on people to give you info, take what you hear, then research it.
holy balls

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...apper-obama-has-used-espionage-act-more-all-/
What does that politifact statement have to do with what you're arguing? Administrations always go after whistleblowers breaking the law when it's their prerogative to do so. Whether or not you think that's a good thing, it's not the suppression of journalists, and it's definitely not fascism. It's an entirely different topic.

Reactions: LowEndC

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
i didnt finish reading your post.
sorry.
but the whistleblower thing should be enough for anyone,
putting people in jail and or killing them behind closed doors by some means, just because they called out the governments bad doing, like edward snowden.
isnt that fishy to you?
in the least? im just trying to ignite a spark here is all im saying, you all have been for the most part respectful in this conversation, with the exception of a couple that made me lose my cool.

i am willing to debate facts. regardless of race, party, gender.
ok?

also journalists were suppressed/killed/raped,
photos erased.
but all this was years ago..
dont you remember any of it?
or is it them chemtrails getting to everyone?
im starting to lose my memory.. i try not to focus my mind in this horrible world if you know what i mean.
lmao :grog:

EDIT:
another thought.
remember when Obama did the Muslim ban restricting several countries from entering the US?
when trump did it, everyone lost their minds, when Obama did it no-one batted an eye.
these people are all the same, and you guys argue for one side or the other.
we are divided.
and divided we will fall.
point is
f trump
f hillary
f obama
and .. you guessed it ;)

Last edited by LowEndC,
Reactions: CORE

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt finish reading your post.
sorry.
but the whistleblower thing should be enough for anyone,
putting people in jail and or killing them behind closed doors by some means, just because they called out the governments bad doing, like edward snowden.
isnt that fishy to you?
in the least? im just trying to ignite a spark here is all im saying, you all have been for the most part respectful in this conversation, with the exception of a couple that made me lose my cool.

i am willing to debate facts. regardless of race, party, gender.
ok?

also journalists were suppressed/killed/raped,
photos erased.
but all this was years ago..
dont you remember any of it?
or is it them chemtrails getting to everyone?
im starting to lose my memory.. i try not to focus my mind in this horrible world if you know what i mean.
lmao :grog:

EDIT:
another thought.
remember when Obama did the Muslim ban restricting several countries from entering the US?
when trump did it, everyone lost their minds, when Obama did it no-one batted an eye.
these people are all the same, and you guys argue for one side or the other.
we are divided.
and divided we will fall.
point is
f trump
f hillary
f obama
and .. you guessed it ;)
President Obama never did a Muslim ban. Please don't be disingenuous in an effort to win a pointless argument in a pointless thread.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...mparing-trumps-and-obamas-immigration-restri/

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway