• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Someone pls explain why Democrats don't want ICE contacted if illegal aliens attempt to buy guns

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're pretty well off-topic, but the demographics of 'mass shooters' isn't that different from the population distribution*, i.e. about 70% of the USA population is caucasian, so it follows that the majority of 'mass shooters' would also be caucasian. Almost all murderers in Japan are Japanese. "Mass shooters" account for a very small percentage of gun deaths, anyway. Want to talk about the demographics for gun crime generally? Make a thread.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/
It should be noted that legal residents are more likely to commit violent crime than illegal residents.

Nice argument.

I don't have any information that says that, and neither do you. It's just your assumption. But even if so, so what? It isn't going to specifically target illegals, the majority of times this offense is committed it's a convicted felon or person with a domestic violence conviction who lies by saying their record is clean.
The amendment specifically lists ICE, even though it didn't have to. ICE = immigration.

Edit: You can also look at how this is being reported, if you're not convinced this amendment is about immigration.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: IncredulousP

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have guns to protect ourselves from criminals and a tyrannical government.
Well if guns were illegal it would be harder to obtain them for criminals and they would be in lower numbers and the arguement about fighting the government is pointless as it relies 100% with the military being on your side afterall 100k people with guns vs 100's tanks, airforce etc would likely be a one sided fight

Reactions: Tigran

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why hasn't someone used it on the police, ice and Trump yet?

There's an old saying, "When you just can't take the tyranny anymore and run out your front door, rifle in hand and ready for the revolution ... if none of your neighbors are there and also ready for war, go back inside."

So when that guy shot a bunch of cops dead in Dallas a few years ago (a black mass shooter, btw @Tigran) ... that was premature.

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
The militia will act when they feel it is appropriate.

except, the militia, which at the moment is part of the older generation, and they aren't aware of the psyops that go on and the bio manipulation that is happening.

we should of moved decades ago...

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who lies by saying their record is clean.
This is the illegal part. Let me get this straight, you are advocating that ALL failed background checks be reported, falsified or not? Or just ones where the applicant lied (which is a crime)? As I understand, it's not illegal to simply fail a background check, so why report it if the applicant was completely truthful?

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if guns were illegal it would be harder to obtain them for criminals and they would be in lower numbers and the arguement about fighting the government is pointless as it relies 100% with the military being on your side afterall 100k people with guns vs 100's tanks, airforce etc would likely be a one sided fight
No. People who obey the law should be able to use their guns as a way to protect themselves from those who don't. If guns were banned it wouldn't stop criminals from using them. The United States defeated Britain and we had a huge disadvantage.

Last edited by PanTheFaun,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't claim Blacks never mass shoot. I never claimed blacks, or undocumented aliens didn't commit crimes. But false equivalence is getting very old.

I also find it funny that people are whining about this, when most gun advocates don't even want universal background checks to begin with.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. People who obey the law should be able to use their guns as a way to protect themselves from those who don't. If guns were banned it wouldn't stop criminals from using them. The United States defeated Britain and we had a huge disadvantage.

I'd also like to remind you that the Boston Tea party was nothing in reality but a cowardice act of terrorism.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and one huge advantage. you didn't need to ship your way into the fucking landmass first.

Reactions: DonJav

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the illegal part. Let me get this straight, you are advocating that ALL failed background checks be reported, falsified or not? Or just ones where the applicant lied (which is a crime)? As I understand, it's not illegal to simply fail a background check, so why report it if the applicant was completely truthful?

Have you ever purchased a firearm from an FFL and completed the 4473? You cannot attempt to make the purchase without turning in a completed 4473. You cannot complete the 4473 without representing that you are legally eligible and not prohibited from purchasing. The background check is not run until you complete the form and all your answers say you are good to buy.

mstephens1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The response of a 4473 background check only says pass or denied. There is now way to know now will there ever be for the employee running the check to see what particular issue, and I say issue because it can be an issue and nothing more. Further more, a valid state Id is required to run the 4473, of which the state government of that area felt it was worth issuing to the said individuals. The firearms store employee has no way to know if a crime has been committed, nor any onus to report on an event that is not considered a crime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E