Hardware Someone knows if this USB-C cable is brick-safe?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Joined
Jan 17, 2013
Messages
12,969
Reaction score
25,867
Trophies
1
XP
50,379
Country
Mexico
I found that a local electronics store sells this cable at a nice price, but they couldn't tell me if it had the 56 kOhms resistance included which seems to be the brick-safe kind.

The cable in question is this one:
https://powerwerx.com/usb-adapter-lightning-typec-micro

usb3in1-adaptor-cable-usb-input-to-apple-lightning-usb-type-c-and-usb-micro__2105_580.jpg

Anyone has a clue?
I want to get a cable to begin doing RCM stuff, and this is the most affordable right now at my city.
 
Last edited by ShadowOne333,
I have used this cable without issue:

Bhobel USB-A to USB-C 5ft Charging Cord

I've heard there needs to be a resistor in the cable for it to be safe. Any one know how to check for that? I do have a multi-meter. I have used this cable to launch RCM payloads just fine. So as far as I can tell this cable is a safe one. At least for what I'm using it for.
 
Last edited by Apache Thunder,
i recomends stay away frm stabilow cable, very bad of experiens of mak cabel. But if brik might be god ideas to just sent to nitrentos xpress repair service of japon (or desutchland if eu person) so the little ifixits/miiyatomas work: together. And fix!
 
  • Like
Reactions: jimmyj
I haven’t had much luck, previously, with these multi-cords. They either are good at charging or data transfer, but not both. Perhaps, it’s just my luck, but I’d stay away.
 

Site & Scene News