Some weird problems with my new3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Chrisssj2, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    After i accidently erased my sysnand with tinyformat and restored a nand from lord knows where.

I have an issue with powering down. when i turn off the 3ds via touch screen power off the power led stays on..
    It's really annoying to press power off for like 10 seconds each time. I didn't have this before.

Is there a way to make it turn off with just one press or something?

Another issue i already had was, The sides of the top screen are flickering, mostly noticable, top left and top right. It disppears and comes back.
    But it's pretty annoying.

Last edited by Chrisssj2, Jun 17, 2017
  2. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    How long does the power LED stay on for? I'm pretty sure my completely unhacked n3DS XL does the same thing. The LED stays on for some time after shut down and then turns off.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think the screen flickering is a known bug with a9lh - is that what u have? it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen. there's a way to fix it, but I'd suggest moving on to b9s unless u've already done that. if u have, not sure what the issue could be then.

4. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    It won't turn off at all... It didnt used to do this.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have bootstrap i dont have a9hl anymore. What is the suggested fix for a9hl?

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    tbh, I don't remember. I think it would happen sometimes during installation, maybe after the ctrNAND transfer?

6. Oschara

Oschara GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    My new 3ds does the samething sometimes when turning off. The flicker i dont have. I have a 128gb sd card could be the reason for longer shut down time?

7. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    also my 3ds also freezes black screen when attempt return to home screen from settings..