Some strange info on the new Dragon Ball Z movie

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Iv'e always assumed the Mystic transformation was indefinite and that his ability to go into SSJ was just a plothole in GT? I hope they give a valid indication why his power level turned turd-worthy in GT.
I've read the manga recently, and it's a whole different world. Most plotholes that existed in the Anime are simply non-existant there :P

Man, the manga is SO much better :wub: Oh, and oh gawd, GT. As soon as we all forget about that thing, our lifes will be SO much better.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read the manga recently, and it's a whole different world. Most plotholes that existed in the Anime are simply non-existant there :P

Man, the manga is SO much better :wub: Oh, and oh gawd, GT. As soon as we all forget about that thing, our lifes will be SO much better.
Might be worth reading the manga then. GT was quite good if you disregard canon, the way it threw away strong characters like Gohan and Gotenks was quite appauling though. I still loved how they gave Vegeta his SSJ4 form, it was almost tear-jerking when he admitted Goku would forever be stronger than him.

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I still loved how they gave Vegeta his SSJ4 form, it was almost tear-jerking when he admitted Goku would forever be stronger than him.

It's good someone can enjoy GT while it's still canon, because it probably won't be after this movie, but that moment you're talking about is pretty much just recycled from when Vegeta finally called Goku his friend in Z.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Wut.. so basically Kaioken? I was hoping for some ancient looking saiyan dude :(

If you look closely it's different from Kaioken. If you look at the images it's kind of mixed between the yellow from Super Saiyan and Red from Kaioken. I've also read things saying that in this form Goku is skinnier than he would be in base form, why they made it like this I have no idea.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
If you look closely it's different from Kaioken. If you look at the images it's kind of mixed between the yellow from Super Saiyan and Red from Kaioken. I've also read things saying that in this form Goku is skinnier than he would be in base form, why they made it like this I have no idea.
Yeah he does look like a teenager in this picture, pretty weird they made it look this way, SSJ3 looks mindblowing compared to this. there was also news that a new saga would be written due to the massive support DBZ has been receiving recently

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, it felt underwhelming for me tbh. It's not bad but was expecting more. Oh and I wonder how the SSj Goku vs Ultimate Gohan argument will turn out now. :P

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually quite like how that looks. It's like the best of SS4 and Kaioken.
>Implying SS4 is good at all.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So apparently, there's concept art, where one of the art directors wanted SSJG to be some super-muscled form, that also involved Goku wearing a cape. Toriyama didn't like the idea, and they argued over the form, until they agreed on a thin-framed, transformation, with a kaioken like aura.

Also, Tarble is mentioned in the movie. I'm surprised to see that he was remembered as a character.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a toy back in the US in 2001 called SS3 Ultra Goku. Basically it looked like Goku went SS3 and then used K'O Attack times insert-number-here. Anyways it was similar to how he looks in the other page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34