Hacking Some short questions about cIOS rev12

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1. Does rev12 fix the "HD spin down" problem of USB Loaders ?
2. Does rev12 works in virgin LU64+ 4.0 ?
3. Will Backup Launcher gamma continue to work after installing rev12 ?
4. Does rev12 fix the compatibility issues introduced in rev10 since rev9 ?
5. Any new issue in rev12 ?

Many Thanks !

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I dunno.
2) Yes, assuming you can find a .wad version of it
3) Of course. Why not?
4) What issues? Rev10 has worked with everything I've thrown at it.
5) Dunno.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installer looks like it has WadManager backend code in there, and it asks for the IOS to use to install it just like WM, so I would imagine you need some sort of exploitable IOS already to make it work. Some of us with LU64+ units have had luck using cBoot2 to get rev11 installed (search here, there's a few threads on it now) and that's the rout I'd go if you're impatient to get something working. Otherwise, I'd imagine somebody (softmii?) will put everything together in a bit more user-friendly package sometime soon now that the LU64s are hackable.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TeenTin said:
1. Does rev12 fix the "HD spin down" problem of USB Loaders ? NO, HDD spindown has to be disabled with the software for the HDD. It has nothing to do with the cIOS
2. Does rev12 works in virgin LU64+ 4.0 ? yes
3. Will Backup Launcher gamma continue to work after installing rev12 ? yes
4. Does rev12 fix the compatibility issues introduced in rev10 since rev9 ? issues?
5. Any new issue in rev12 ? you can only use 1 usb port

Many Thanks !

QUOTE(SaneinOne @ May 31 2009, 05:12 AM) I have a virgin LU65 console upgraded to 4.0U. Can someone please explain to me what installing this will/can provide to me? Thanks in advance!
the ability to downgrade/play backups/install wads/...

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SaneinOne said:
I have a virgin LU65 console upgraded to 4.0U. Can someone please explain to me what installing this will/can provide to me? Thanks in advance!
usbloader needs a cios of this series.. can also be rev 9 rev 10 etc.

kkthxbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1. Does rev12 fix the "HD spin down" problem of USB Loaders ? NO, HDD spindown has to be disabled with the software for the HDD. It has nothing to do with the cIOS

Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but why does external harddrives spindown, when using them with the Wii?
Is it possible implementing random writes every 5-9 minutes or so? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's firmware in the harddrive itself, has a timer, after x mins of inactivity it will spin down
and yeah that would fix it, that's implemented in cios222 I believe (for uloader only)

kkthxbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
it's firmware in the harddrive itself, has a timer, after x mins of inactivity it will spin down
and yeah that would fix it, that's implemented in cios222 I believe (for uloader only)

So it could potentially be implemented in Waninkoko's cIOS too?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kkthxbye said:
manias said:

So it could potentially be implemented in Waninkoko's cIOS too?
guess so! but that's up to him
smile.gif
But also check the threads on hdparm

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
kkthxbye said:
QUOTE said:

Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but why does external harddrives spindown, when using them with the Wii?
Is it possible implementing random writes every 5-9 minutes or so? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

use hermes cios & uloader for spindownfix

kkthxbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
magic12 said:
kkthxbye said:
QUOTE said:

use hermes cios & uloader for spindownfix

Sorry about being a newbie, but i have one more question.
I'm not even sure i have a spindown problem. Games don't crash, but sometimes (In EA Sports Active for example), after a little time playing, i can hear the HD turn off. The music stops for about 5 seconds and comes back again. Sometimes the game freezes for a couple of seconds.
- Is this whats called Spindown?
Cause, it is very random - sometimes it shuts off every 2-5 minutes, but the timer is 10 minutes on the HD.
Never had a game crash though, so i guess thats a good thing
smile.gif

Can you do the Wii fit test without the balance board?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive