Hacking Some scene news...CSSM

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you following cSM development very closely, here is an update for you.

As most of you know, lately I have had little to no time for my work, and development has slowed drastically. So drastically, that people are finally releasing things i've had under wraps since oct / nov. Digitydogs has begun to release a custom system menu of his own, changes that are mostly visual enhancements and personal customization of your wii, which are both well over-due.

Dd and I have been discussing a teaming up and joining our projects into one nice shiny development for the scene, which has finally taken place.

Dogs and I will be co-developing what we decided to call cSSM "custom styled system menu". This will allow me to focus my efforts on the coding and functionality aspects of the system menu where-as he can continue remastering the system menu graphically. Now the best of both worlds can be found together.

cSSM will be using the webspace already setup for cSM (written by djtaz in notepad...."real men use notepad" big thanks to him) that includes forums / chatrooms / blogs / downloads among the ability to update cSSM directly from your system menu as it will be redirected to my domain.

Stay tuned for more updates, things should start rolling along steadily now.

Fors & Diggles.

Syndication

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've made some of our greatest progression by working as a team. I'm glad to hear of your open minded, selfless attitude that is so lacking elsewhere. I think just about everyone here will be glad to hear this and look forward to trying CCSM out.

All the best, guys!

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hell ya
Fors & Diggles, thats a great match, i have not changed my wii since gamma, not cuz the CSM that we have now is bad, it's just that i want more than looks.

is there any prevision or prevew for us? just a candy?

bow.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the moment no, we're still trying to get things organized and such. Once we get our shit together then probably yeah

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
This will allow me to focus my efforts on the coding and functionality aspects of the system menu where-as he can continue remastering the system menu graphically.

You try to add new functions to the Wiimenu or do i understand that sentence wrong?

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Awesome!
grog.gif
This is the best news i've heard all week!!!!! Great to have you back in full force Forsaekn! Best of luck to CSSM!
laugh.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol wasnt me. and yes I handle the functionality of the menu. for some stuff i've already done saerch csm prelude and peruse through the closed thread for some information on features.

check my blog for the new GC backup from disc channel information.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah awesome.
this is gonna be pretty confusing when it comes out i guess. things like softmii and such i mean, this is only system MENU stuff you're talkin right?

no need for un-installation of softmii, preloader, blah blah blah. just worried that i wont be able to get my head around it
tongue.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mikeyt1998 said:
ah awesome.
this is gonna be pretty confusing when it comes out i guess. things like softmii and such i mean, this is only system MENU stuff you're talkin right?

no need for un-installation of softmii, preloader, blah blah blah. just worried that i wont be able to get my head around it
tongue.gif

You really need to know where are you standed to try other stuff, otherwise you'll brick, read more and find out what's installed on your system, once you know that the rest is piece of cake...!!!
smile.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually a complete solution, thats better than preloader / softmii etc. I know a lot of people have spouted the term "complete solution" but they had all put together more or less a package of released tools and a guide.

This is straight from the coders.

My Dashboard is just that, a system menu dashboard. a menu of sorts for recovery, sym installation, downgrading, dol/elf booting, title booting, etc. It has been in development and announced far before preloader was written, but due to my lack of time developing its still not out yet.

No system menu modification will be compatible (for the most part, im sure some will depending on what they do) but there is also no need to worry because cSSM will have every functionality out there, and some I havent released yet. It will also be safer, and contains many more visual customization options than previously seen, as well as direct updating from your wii as the wii's update functions are redirected to my domain instead of nintendo.

Essentially, why release something that isnt better than what's already out there? You won't be disappointed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s