Some scene news...CSSM

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Forsaekn, Feb 3, 2009.

Feb 3, 2009

Some scene news...CSSM by Forsaekn at 5:52 PM (29,492 Views / 0 Likes) 217 replies

1. Forsaekn
    OP

Member Forsaekn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For those of you following cSM development very closely, here is an update for you.

As most of you know, lately I have had little to no time for my work, and development has slowed drastically. So drastically, that people are finally releasing things i've had under wraps since oct / nov. Digitydogs has begun to release a custom system menu of his own, changes that are mostly visual enhancements and personal customization of your wii, which are both well over-due.

Dd and I have been discussing a teaming up and joining our projects into one nice shiny development for the scene, which has finally taken place.

Dogs and I will be co-developing what we decided to call cSSM "custom styled system menu". This will allow me to focus my efforts on the coding and functionality aspects of the system menu where-as he can continue remastering the system menu graphically. Now the best of both worlds can be found together.

cSSM will be using the webspace already setup for cSM (written by djtaz in notepad...."real men use notepad" big thanks to him) that includes forums / chatrooms / blogs / downloads among the ability to update cSSM directly from your system menu as it will be redirected to my domain.

Stay tuned for more updates, things should start rolling along steadily now.

Fors & Diggles.

2. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Finaly! New menu AND new features

3. Syndication

Newcomer Syndication Member

United States
    We've made some of our greatest progression by working as a team. I'm glad to hear of your open minded, selfless attitude that is so lacking elsewhere. I think just about everyone here will be glad to hear this and look forward to trying CCSM out.

All the best, guys!

4. Rudolf

Newcomer Rudolf Member

Netherlands
    Good to hear!

Keep up the great work guys.

5. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    that's a hell of a good news, can't wait to see the result.

6. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Thanks for the info

7. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    hell ya
    Fors & Diggles, thats a great match, i have not changed my wii since gamma, not cuz the CSM that we have now is bad, it's just that i want more than looks.

is there any prevision or prevew for us? just a candy?

[​IMG]

8. Forsaekn
    OP

United States
    at the moment no, we're still trying to get things organized and such. Once we get our shit together then probably yeah

9. kimikal27

Ireland
    best of luck then fors
    any help or if you need a tester let me know

10. gundalf

Member gundalf GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    You try to add new functions to the Wiimenu or do i understand that sentence wrong?

11. kimikal27

Ireland
    by the way fors, i dont wanna ask too many questions but i'm really curiuse...
    about the 6x...
    will it be possible?

12. kallstar

Newcomer kallstar Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG] Awesome! [​IMG] This is the best news i've heard all week!!!!! Great to have you back in full force Forsaekn! Best of luck to CSSM! [​IMG]

13. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    The file i uploaded for dd was downloaded four times. I was wondering who the other 3 were [​IMG]

14. Forsaekn
    OP

United States
    lol wasnt me. and yes I handle the functionality of the menu. for some stuff i've already done saerch csm prelude and peruse through the closed thread for some information on features.

check my blog for the new GC backup from disc channel information.

15. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    ah awesome.
    this is gonna be pretty confusing when it comes out i guess. things like softmii and such i mean, this is only system MENU stuff you're talkin right?

no need for un-installation of softmii, preloader, blah blah blah. just worried that i wont be able to get my head around it [​IMG]

16. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    You really need to know where are you standed to try other stuff, otherwise you'll brick, read more and find out what's installed on your system, once you know that the rest is piece of cake...!!! [​IMG]

17. Forsaekn
    OP

United States
    Its actually a complete solution, thats better than preloader / softmii etc. I know a lot of people have spouted the term "complete solution" but they had all put together more or less a package of released tools and a guide.

This is straight from the coders.

My Dashboard is just that, a system menu dashboard. a menu of sorts for recovery, sym installation, downgrading, dol/elf booting, title booting, etc. It has been in development and announced far before preloader was written, but due to my lack of time developing its still not out yet.

No system menu modification will be compatible (for the most part, im sure some will depending on what they do) but there is also no need to worry because cSSM will have every functionality out there, and some I havent released yet. It will also be safer, and contains many more visual customization options than previously seen, as well as direct updating from your wii as the wii's update functions are redirected to my domain instead of nintendo.

Essentially, why release something that isnt better than what's already out there? You won't be disappointed.

18. bebs

Member bebs GBAtemp Regular

How long will the testing phase take?

19. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    So looking forward to this, a big thanks to all the people working on this game!

20. kimikal27

Ireland
    good things come to those who wait [​IMG]