Hacking Some scene news...CSSM

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of my patches and changes are portable, so once a new firmware rolls out I will have little trouble updating cSSM to take advantage of the new menu from nintendo. As it seems, Im sure nintendo will throw a few curveballs to the homebrew scene so it may be a week or more for a homebrew killing update...

well, here i'll put it in perspective.

When 3.4 came out it took me about an hour of perusing some dissassembly to make sure there is no auto-update code people were freaking out over, and about...15 minutes to reverse the Twilight Hack killing mechanics they put in and check my work after.

Also for those of you who havent grasped the concept of Dashboard and cSSM, once you have a working installation, you never have to worry about updates from nintendo, you can set your wii to wiiconnect24 and automatically get updates from me regarding cSSM. (think DAX and PSP cfw)

The installation routine is as follows:

First, Dashboard must be installed. You can do this from the installer I wrote, which has a built in downgrading option, so if you're on 3.4 and have tphack, you can just go directly to cSMM.

Once Dashboard completes and possibly updates itself if there is an update from me, you are ready.

At this point, when your wii turns on you just have Dashboard. Sure, you can boot a dol/elf from front sd, through your network via tcp, or boot into a title directly (such as Homebrew channel, maybe an emulator channel you have installed, whatever)..but upon entering the System Menu manager you will find the ability to download and install any system menu you want, into a maximum of 4 slots (system menus are pretty large, and even 4 would take up a hefty chunk of the 512mb NAND).

From here you would select a system menu to install, say sym 3.4 cSSM. let it download from the web (or install manually from sd card if you dont have an internet connection) and tada, now you have a system menu, whether its a retail ninty one or a fresh shiny new cSSM.

The System Manager also allows you to install hacks from an ini directly into nand, or just test them for that boot (but to be honest, cSSM will have all these hacks and more, so theres really no need for this feature, unless you like the original nintendo official menu and only want a hack or two)

These are only a few of many features Dashboard sports, and there's still the potential for theme support coming later.

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
i can't wait i can't wait its sounds perfect

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so you get to choose which menu you wanna use out of a max of 4?

i think it''ll be much easier to do when applying it yourself, i'm more of a learn by doing person clearly lol thats very risky in this business though eh? teaser videos for everyone would help me understand too
wink.gif
(thats not a rush, i actually have a hard time understanding this concept as my brain is small)

and dont let the name fool you, i may ask alot of questions but i'm not 11
cool.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
Do ou want to kill me by telling me all this, then telling me to wait?

if you want something perfect, it can not be rushed coff coff softmii coff

i always ad fait in fors, thats why i'm still in gamma
there was iven an idiot that was saying that fors was clarky and that was the REAL csm
fertil imagination

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
so you get to choose which menu you wanna use out of a max of 4?

i think it''ll be much easier to do when applying it yourself, i'm more of a learn by doing person clearly lol thats very risky in this business though eh? teaser videos for everyone would help me understand too
wink.gif

and dont let the name fool you, i may ask alot of questions but i'm not 11
cool.gif

no need for name, we se the picture...
wink.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
what! LOL that happened? must have been on vacation.

yap, the guy was full of teorys about that , ill try to find is name for you

edit: here he is Phratt

like you and clarky are anything alike...

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, if you'd like you can disable backup disc loading to regain 6x speed granted to you by your modchip.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this was is teory:

Well sorta...

Before you get mad, take a second to read this.

Look, Fors disappeared from the seen ages ago and has shown no sign of existence of his supposed cSM. But wait, why would we need cSM? We have the Riiskiimod right? just like cSM it has Region free loading, preloading, is going to have a custom skin, and a custom healthscreen. Riiskiimod, just like cSM is the ultimate Brick prevention project.

"Wait, but didn't Fors want the Ultimate brick protection app? Thats kinda messed up to just make his work moot..."

Normally, I'd say yes, poor baby. But in this case, no. Maybe infact this hidden cSM IS the "Riiskiimod"!

"Phratt, you're crazy, what are you a crazy conspirator?"

I dunno, maybe, but lets look deeper...

We already know That Riiskiimod and cSM basically have the same features and Clarky and company plan on adding more cSM esque features...

"So? Its a just a separate project"

Let me finish! Okay, now lets look at the names. Recently we "had" a vote on the name. What was the name that was chosen in the end? SoftMii. Abbreviated SM. They'll probably call it, Clarky's Soft Mii, which is abbreviated to.... CSM!

Now lets look at clarky, or shall I say FORSAEKEN! *Scary music plays*

Look, Clarky joined October 29th, didn't really post much, that is until Fors started disappearing, around novermber. From then on Fors was gone and Clarky was fairly active. Going on to release "Riiskiimod".

I dunno, maybe too much pot for me or maybe im crazy but atleast this gave you a good read.

Think about it.... Think about it....

funny is it not?
the name of the topic was : CSM WAS RELEASED

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kimikal27 said:
HaniKazmi said:
I read it when he first posted it. He could just be going along to keep the thread alive

belive what you want...
or could you be phratt??? *Scary music plays*

hummm

or am i trolling?

Or maybe I AM Forsaeken, and Digidogs is yet another alias forme! Or I might be YOU!

QUOTE(teusjuh @ Feb 3 2009, 08:52 PM)
Forsaekn when you think you release the CssM 1 week, 2 weeks or earlier???

Sometime in February, according to his post.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
Or maybe I AM Forsaeken, and Digidogs is yet another alias forme! Or I might be YOU!
Or you're god and you're actually every single person in one.

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Feb 3 2009, 03:54 PM) Sometime in February, according to his post.
Will it be like a half done thing or like a final 1.0 with a few patches here or there? That's what I want to know since I'd only go for a 1.0 thats pretty much bugfree because isntalling something that reworks the entire systemmenu is stupid if there's a bug or something that causes bricks. - That's not really supposed to be a question, jsut something to talk about until Fors posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1