Some questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Windows_10_User, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Windows_10_User
    OP

Windows_10_User Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I'm on Rebug 4.84.2, my PS3 is not BC and I can't use webMAN MOD and sMAN since they always freeze my PS3. Could someone answer the following questions?

1. After setting RetroArch's Aspect Ratio setting to "Custom" for each one of the cores I use and save RetroArch's configuration I have to set it again in some cores' case again because the Aspect Ratio setting is blank so I'll have a black screen in these cases if I don't set the Aspect Ratio to "Custom" (or other setting), which is annoying. Is this normal?

2. Should I use webMAN MOD's R2 + Triangle button combo and not the L3 + R3 + R2 button combo one afterwards (to unload webMAN MOD) before accessing PSN to prevent a ban or just to be sure I should do the latter too (L3 + R3 + R2 button combo) since I can still access webMAN MOD's settings? Just a curiosity, what will happen if I try to access PSN when its access is locked? Will I have any error message? Should I select PS3 DISC and/or set CCAPI . PS3MAPI to enabled on webMAN MOD's DEL CFW SYSCALLS? Also, do I have to use an Anti ban EBOOT for some games when going online even if I use webMAN MOD's R2 + Triangle button combo (and maybe the L3 + R3 + R2 button combo) afterwards? I removed PSN Patch's webMAN plugin and the L3 + R3 + R2 button combo didn't work but after installing it it's now working (I think I had to install it in the first place because webMAN MOD didn't). Also, doing the L3 + R3 + R2 button combo before doing the R2 + Triangle button doesn't work.

3. Why do all PKG files on my external HDD's root show up duplicated on Package Manager's Package? I don't have this problem when the PKG files are inside the internal HDD's package folder. I'm not sure but I think this problem started after installing PKG Linker and after removing it as well as HAN ToolBox I still have this problem (maybe it was caused by HAN ToolBox).

4. I can't access the PS3's external HDD's NTFS partition on multiMAN's/mmCM's "File Manager / mmOS" as well as in FileZilla Client while on multiMAN/mmCM but I can access the PS3's external HDD's FAT32 one in FileZilla while on multiMAN/mmCM as well as the NTFS partition in FileZilla Client on webMAN MOD. Is it ok?

5. How can I preserve the PSN trophies after swapping the internal HDD? Also, I've not been connected to my PSN account since I installed CFW and the trophies I get playing PS3 games don't join the ones I got from bought games when I was on OFW and connected to my PSN account. Is it because I wasn't connected to my PSN account so should I be and sync the PSN trophies in order for them to join the ones I got from bought games when I was on OFW and connected to my PSN account? It seems the PSN trophies I get after installing CFW are placed on the XMB's Trophy Collection's Offline section and not on the Online one where the ones I got from bought games when I was on OFW and connected to my PSN account are. Also, the same PSN trophies (which I got for the first time after installing CFW) are popping out like if I got them for the first time when playing a game (while being disconnected from my PSN account). This occurs many times.

6. What is the "PKG" folder on /dev\_hdd0/ for and do I need to create a "GAMEZ folder on my PS3's HDD like I've read to place the JB games or can I keep using the GAMES folder for that?

7. I guess I won't be able to play PSP games after mounting them via webMAN MOD and doing its R2 + Triangle button combo because the latter will disable the PSP Launchers (the same thing will happen if I pretend to use RetroArch, I think). I suppose I can be banned if I play these games (and maybe ROMs via RetroArch) if connected to my PSN account. What should I do to play PSP games and use RetroArch after doing webMAN MOD's R2 + Triangle button combo?

8. If I don't use Universal Media Server together with Movian I can't stream a video from the PC to the PS3 unlike before when I only needed the former. Also, do you think if I can get this to work using only Movian the 1080p MKV videos (or other videos) will still crash like when I successfully only used Universal Media Server before? And what if I keep using Universal Media Server together with Movian?

9. Can I have FMV/Audio/Framerate problems on NTSC PS1 games on my PAL PS3 using webMAN MOD? If so, should I only download PAL PS1 games?

10. How can I have my bought DLC's pkg files?

11. No matter what I do I can't remove SingStar from XMB. I already followed this tutorial and it didn't work since after restarting the PS3 it always comes back.

12. What's ODE? Is it something different from HAN/CFW/HFW/HEN and should I replace the games' files for ODE ones (or install ODE PKG files) in those websites where you can download PS3 games or ignore this step since I'm on CFW? And what about the games' HAN versions which are on PKG? May I install them? They're the only PSN versions so I have no choice. Is there a game PKG install order, i.e., game's PKG first, afterwards the update's PKG and finally the DLC's pkg (and the Fix's pkg after installing the PKG the former was intended for)? And what do those + 2.X, + 3.Y, + 4.Z PKG mean? Are they related to the PS3's FW? If so, I should only install the latter since my FW is + 4.X, right? And what about those 1.04-1.08 Fixes? Do I need to install all of them or just the latter (1.08)?

13. I've read using a HUB might screw up the PS3's USB ports. Is it true? If so, how would I be able to play when charging the controller and using the HUB to connect an external HDD, PlayStation Eye and PlayStation Move Motion and PlayStation Move Navigation Controllers (maybe not all at the same time because the HUB wouldn't support all them)? I don't have a HUB nor PlayStation Eye and PlayStation Move Motion and PlayStation Move Navigation Controllers. Anyway, which HUB should I buy (what about this one?) and does it matter the devices I connect to it and to the remaining USB port, i.e., could they became messed up faster, can I have lag, etc., regarding the used USB port or if an HUB was used (or both)? If I can have problems using an HUB then imagine using two to be able to use a lot of devices.

14. My external HDD is doing some noise when connected to the PS3 and it's annoying. Can this cause any problem, especially when playing games (like lag, slowdowns, etc.)? Maybe it started after I used it on my PS3 since I was using it on my PC and I think it didn't make this noise.

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:51 PM
  2. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    3. I think that only IrisMan and webMan support NTFS drives

4. It seems like a convention to do that so I guess so. I see no reasons to do it the other way anyway.

5. SEN Enabler will allow you to spoof to latest version so you'll be able to go online on any CFW.

6. Trophies should be synced on your PSN account when you go in your trophies collection while you're connected to the PSN.
    I don't see why it doesn't work for you.

7. I guess that "Gamez" folder in an old thing that some people still use but no backup manager need it.

8. Try to reduce vibrations by placing it on a little tissue.
    If it's not that, it may be because the PS3 "hard" shutdown the hard drive when you turn it off so it may have damaged your hard drive, idk.

zfreeman and Windows_10_User like this.
  3. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I used it together with FileZilla and only the FAT32 partition show up.

So does that mean I can use it instead of PSN Patch? Do the chances of getting banned increase?

Maybe because I wasn't connected to my PSN account but if I sync the trophies while connected to it will I have all the trophies, i.e., the ones I got while on CFW and being disconnected from my PSN account as well as the ones I already had on OFW while being connected to my PSN account?

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Oct 3, 2019
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yes, don't use both together. that's recommended. you should be able to sync trophies you got from either. you could even sync trophies you unlocked yourself. I think this is even true of the vita. as long as it's the same account it should work.

Windows_10_User likes this.
  5. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I've never used it, as well as reActPSN, only PSN Patch. I've heard the chances of getting banned increase if I use SEN Enabler. Maybe I should just wait for a new Rebug version and afterwards install it and use PSN Patch before connecting to my PSN account.

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Oct 2, 2019
  6. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    I don't know where you heard that, but they basically so the same things.
    Furthermore, SEN Enabler is more up-to-date than PSN Patch, even if it does not mean anything.

7. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    It looks like I have to use something called Charles Proxy to block some addresses along with SEN Enabler. How can I use it and is SEN Enabler compatible with Rebug CEX?

8. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    You use Charles Proxy with both SEN Enabler and PSN Patch, no one do it natively.
    And yes, it is compatible with Rebug CEX, even thought I use it on Ferrox CEX.

9. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I never used it (Charles Proxy). Which addresses should I add in it and will I be able to use Universal Media Server since after doing the PSN Patch's button combo and setting the PS3's Network Settings on the XMB to be able to stream videos from the PC to the PS3 the XMB will state to install the latest FW?

10. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    I can give you the addresses when I get on my computer if you want.
    Also, you should use movian instead of using the Universal Media Server

11. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Since I'm not american do I have to do some changes to them? How can I stream to the PS3 and watch the videos on it? Do I watch the videos on multiMAN since it has Movian or do I have to download and install it (like from Brewology)? Also, do I need to do the PSN Patch's button combo as well as the Network Settings steps like in the Universal Media Server's case and update the PS3 to the latest FW? When using Universal Media Server the PC and the PS3 do a lot of noise and the videos crash little time after playing them on the PS3. Maybe Movian can prevent this.

12. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    You'll have to change one ip that is country-dependant.
    You can stream to the PS3 using an FTP/Samba server.
    I don't know since I never used multiMan, install the Homebrew if it doesn't work.
    With Movian, you don't need to be connected to PSN so no reason for that.
    I never encountered any issue on H264 encoded files in 1080p with flac audio, guess it wouldn't support x265.

13. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Does Movian have FTP support? If not, I'd have to use multiMAN's.

14. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    It has, but I use Samba personally as it is easier to use.
    To connect to an ftp server, just type the link in the address bar, like:
    Code:
    ftp://someftp.com

15. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Sorry, but before that do you know how to remove SingStar from XMB? I already followed this tutorial and it didn't work since after restarting the PS3 it always comes back.

EDIT: Also, should I have PSN Patch with webMAN MOD installed? Every time I do that L3 + R3 + R2 button combo it unloads webMAN MOD but it's also PSN Patch's plugin's button combo so before accessing PSN should I remove this plugin, unload webMAN MOD and afterwards run PSN Patch while pressing the X button?

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Oct 3, 2019
  16. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    There is an option in webMan configuration to disable singstar icon.
    I don't know about that, I only use SEN Enabler plugin.

17. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I can't find it. It looks like it only existed on previous versions. Anyway, I installed a webMAN MOD version with it and I still have SingStar.

18. Eveldee

Eveldee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    I think it was fixed in a new version, you should get it on GitHub.

19. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I installed the latest version from there and I can't even find that setting. It looks like it was removed since some previous versions had it.

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:26 AM
  20. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Could you tell me how to stream video from the PC to the PS3 using Movian? In the past I could do it only using Universal Media Server but now I can only do it using both (I play the movies on PS3's Movian, then) and never could only using Movian. I even tried only using Movian to play a 1080p MKV video (the ones I'm trying to stream from the PC to the PS3) and put the latter on an external HDD and Movian reported a problem (I think it was related to the PS3's CPU being too slow to decode the video) and the video was lagging a lot. I used deank's Movian, not multiMAN's or the official version.

Also, since I only used SEN Enabler to restore PSN's access and deleted it afterwards I suppose I don't need Charles Proxy (even though I accessed PSN without it). Just a curiosity, if no SEN Enabler version (as well as a HAN/CFW/HFW/HEN version) that supported the latest FW was out how could I access PSN? Would I have to wait until a new version (or a new HAN/CFW/HFW/HEN version) that supported it was out?

EDIT: What's ODE? Is it something different from HAN/CFW/HFW/HEN and should I replace the games' files for ODE ones (or install ODE PKG files) in those websites where you can download PS3 games or ignore this step since I'm on CFW? And what about the games' HAN versions which are on PKG? May I install them? They're the only PSN versions so I have no choice. Is there a game PKG install order, i.e., game's PKG first, afterwards the update's PKG and finally the DLC's pkg (and the Fix's pkg after installing the PKG the former was intended for)?

Last edited by Windows_10_User, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:41 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted