Hacking Some Questions

Nelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have some questions i would like to ask. I have a new 3 Ds Xl with Luma software.
My Questions are:
I have a SD Card of 32GB and I would like to upgrade to 128gb SD Card.
1. I have read that the N3dsXl is only compatible with 32gb SD card, is this correct or false? can i buy a 128gb and use that instead?
2. Lets say i just bought one. can i just copy paste the files on my old sd card onto my new sd card ( Luma, cias...)

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not compatible with 64GB+ cards out of the box, but it's not hard to make it work. Just note that you might have extended boot times and GBA virtual console might not work as intended with 128GB. If you can live with 64GB, then your boot times won't be too long & GBA virtual console works fine.

To format your SD card to FAT32 (aka to make it so the 3DS can read the card):
If you have a computer with Windows: use guiformat
If you have a computer with Linux: use gparted
If you have a Mac: use Disk Utility
If you have GodMode9: just format the card there without an emuNAND (unless you actually have one of those)

As long as one of the above programs is used, the card will be FAT32 and the 3DS will be able to read it. Then just copy/paste the files across with your computer.

Last edited by SCOTT0852,
Reactions: AdenTheThird
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I still sucked at it though since it's been a few years since I played it lol