Homebrew some question about the new wiiu update

CharizardMen99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some days ago,i turned on the wiiu,and some minutes after turning it on(i was loading the smash hack with the browser),i noticed that in the download tab,the new update started downloading,and i quickly put the update block DNS,BUT,the connection test failed everytime after putting the dns in the connection settings,and aftwr seeing this,i quickly removed my wifi connection from the wiiu,and after this thing happened,i got some question...

First,now that my wiiu started downloading that useless update,im fucked if the download finish?Or there is a way to remove it?

Second thing,there is a DNS that block updates,BUT,that let my wiiu connect to internet? i just don't want to lose my smash hacks :v

MajoraAKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You should be able to use the internet with the DNS. Make sure that you type in the IP correctly.

Do you have to use the browser to gain access to Homebrew launcher? Because you need to get ftpiiu_everywhere running and delete the update folder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the title update downloads r stored in the update folder. u may be able to delete them, but I really don't know. try deleting the entire folder. I'd recommend that on top of blocking updates. if u can delete the folder, u should be able to block updates.

Wolfer473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some days ago,i turned on the wiiu,and some minutes after turning it on(i was loading the smash hack with the browser),i noticed that in the download tab,the new update started downloading,and i quickly put the update block DNS,BUT,the connection test failed everytime after putting the dns in the connection settings,and aftwr seeing this,i quickly removed my wifi connection from the wiiu,and after this thing happened,i got some question...

First,now that my wiiu started downloading that useless update,im fucked if the download finish?Or there is a way to remove it?

Second thing,there is a DNS that block updates,BUT,that let my wiiu connect to internet? i just don't want to lose my smash hacks :v

I had the same thing happen to me... Kind of. My Wii U was unplugged for about a week before and after the update was released. I already had DNS Blocking enabled and then added URL Blocking and deleted the update folder using FTPii Everywhere. But somehow, the system update still appeared in the download management folder, both on sysNAND and redNAND. Although it was paired within an error that it could not connect to the server. I'm just wondering how the Wii U figured out there was an update in the first place, but you should be fine if your using DNS Blocking and delete the update folder.

CharizardMen99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but how i delete that?
I had the same thing happen to me... Kind of. My Wii U was unplugged for about a week before and after the update was released. I already had DNS Blocking enabled and then added URL Blocking and deleted the update folder using FTPii Everywhere. But somehow, the system update still appeared in the download management folder, both on sysNAND and redNAND. Although it was paired within an error that it could not connect to the server. I'm just wondering how the Wii U figured out there was an update in the first place, but you should be fine if your using DNS Blocking and delete the update folder.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The following steps are recommended to block updates. Most update problems are caused by not imputing these exact DNS settings properly and/or by skipping Step 2. In principle, only one method is needed, but people tend to make mistakes, hence the recommendation that both methods be used.

Step 1: Input the following DNS settings:
For each of your connections (and all future connections), do the following
  • Select the connection
  • Select “Change Settings”
  • Move to the second list and choose “DNS”
  • Set the DNS to “Don’t Auto-Obtain”
  • Set the DNS server IPs to the following servers
  • Select “Confirm”, then press (B) to save
  • These servers will block your SysNAND from being updated
Step 2: Follow this guide to delete the update folder on the NAND: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1