some question about the new wiiu update

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by CharizardMen99, Aug 7, 2017.

1. CharizardMen99
    OP

CharizardMen99 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    Some days ago,i turned on the wiiu,and some minutes after turning it on(i was loading the smash hack with the browser),i noticed that in the download tab,the new update started downloading,and i quickly put the update block DNS,BUT,the connection test failed everytime after putting the dns in the connection settings,and aftwr seeing this,i quickly removed my wifi connection from the wiiu,and after this thing happened,i got some question...

First,now that my wiiu started downloading that useless update,im fucked if the download finish?Or there is a way to remove it?

Second thing,there is a DNS that block updates,BUT,that let my wiiu connect to internet? i just don't want to lose my smash hacks :v

2. MajoraAKC

MajoraAKC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Sweden
    You should be able to use the internet with the DNS. Make sure that you type in the IP correctly.

Do you have to use the browser to gain access to Homebrew launcher? Because you need to get ftpiiu_everywhere running and delete the update folder.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, the title update downloads r stored in the update folder. u may be able to delete them, but I really don't know. try deleting the entire folder. I'd recommend that on top of blocking updates. if u can delete the folder, u should be able to block updates.

4. Wolfer473

Wolfer473 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States
    I had the same thing happen to me... Kind of. My Wii U was unplugged for about a week before and after the update was released. I already had DNS Blocking enabled and then added URL Blocking and deleted the update folder using FTPii Everywhere. But somehow, the system update still appeared in the download management folder, both on sysNAND and redNAND. Although it was paired within an error that it could not connect to the server. I'm just wondering how the Wii U figured out there was an update in the first place, but you should be fine if your using DNS Blocking and delete the update folder.

5. CharizardMen99
    OP

CharizardMen99 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    but how i delete that?

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The following steps are recommended to block updates. Most update problems are caused by not imputing these exact DNS settings properly and/or by skipping Step 2. In principle, only one method is needed, but people tend to make mistakes, hence the recommendation that both methods be used.

Step 1: Input the following DNS settings:
    Step 2: Follow this guide to delete the update folder on the NAND: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

7. Wolfer473

Wolfer473 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States