Have fun.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frown.gif
I'd rather play the games on the lowest settings than play on OnLive. I tried playing UT3, and there was something like 10 second input lag. Completely unplayable (although I managed to kill 1 person with the laggy control).

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OnLive is a client that pretty much streams games off the internet similar to streaming a movie off the internet. You choose a game to play, it loads the game and you play; no installation necessary. The quality and everything about it pretty much depends on your connection speed though. With my connection, the video quality is really horrible.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gokujr1000 said:
Mind explaining what OnLive is?
It's a service designed for people with crappy computers and fast internet connections. The OnLive company has powerful computers on their end, and they stream the video of the game to your computer, while the Onlive program streams your keyboard/mouse/controller inputs to them. A lot of people don't like it because you need a really fast internet connection to get it to run flawlessly, and a lot of people have connections not fast enough (in fact, I have the second-fastest internet service of my ISP, and with a Wireless N connection, I can barely play a game without 10 second input lag and random disconnections).

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't have that fast internet.
Like a few months back I played borderlands with this with no lag. o.o
I was using it on wireless too.xD
I also have a b/g router.
tongue.gif

Oh yah and i played on wireless with some spoofing back in the day when you could only use an ethernet cable.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
gokujr1000 said:
Mind explaining what OnLive is?
It's a service designed for people with crappy computers and fast internet connections. The OnLive company has powerful computers on their end, and they stream the video of the game to your computer, while the Onlive program streams your keyboard/mouse/controller inputs to them. A lot of people don't like it because you need a really fast internet connection to get it to run flawlessly, and a lot of people have connections not fast enough (in fact, I have the second-fastest internet service of my ISP, and with a Wireless N connection, I can barely play a game without 10 second input lag and random disconnections).
Judging by the fact that he lives in Australia, yeah, it's too slow for him. Plus it's not even available here yet.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I posted this myself since I knew about it earlier but meh either way.

Onlive is surprisingly better than it sounds.
Streaming games from their machine to yours like a youtube video more or less.
Its a little fuzzy but its great when your on a system that can't handle alot of games like say a laptop or even a Netbook.
It also has some unique interesting features like watching poeple play live, which is a little weird but kinda nice when you aren't sure you wanna buy or even play a paticular game.
The console thing looks like a nice cheap gaming console alternitive which I kinda like, but I'm waiting for another deal and maybe a built in WiFi Version eventually.

If you are trying out onlive these next couple a weeks, send me a friend invite and lemme know your from GBAtemp. Would be nice to see each others videos and crap.
I already have two games I own thanks to the Humble Indie Bundle. So if you bought that dont forget that theres Onlive keys on your account page.

My name on onlive is the same here, so send me a friend request eh?

QUOTE said:
Splych Posted Today, 07:58 PM
hmm...
i have a 5Mb connection, i wonder what it'll be like if i try .

is there a singup required ?

Ya you have to make an account but they are free. You shouldnt need to add a credit card like when adding a game via an Onlive key, since the games are automaticly added to your list to try during the beta.

Also for those going on about connection speeds, ya, it pretty much screws up if you don't have plenty of bandwidth and a direct cable connection to a router. Wifi sorta works but its low quality and laggy.
Though it can be good for some people. For me I got two games for free more or less so besides this free beta test I pretty much don't touch the prices. Though that ten bucks a month service might be worth a try if they had some better games.
Theres the Batman game though but gosh, they need alot more games.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellz yeah! FRAKING ACE!!! I was holding out for something like this! I have the service and really haven't played much of anything so I'm happy!
gbasp.gif
Time to start playing! ...If only I had a working 360 controller
frown.gif
(my friend broke the one I let her borrow)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Splych said:
hmm...
i have a 5Mb connection, i wonder what it'll be like if i try .

is there a singup required ?
it'll lagg like hell. just upgrade your computer than you can play all the games you want
tongue.gif
I always thought that to be the better option anyway. I'd rather physically have the game, not rely on someone else to have it on their computer. OnLive only guarantees that you own the game for 3 years. Not to mention you can't pirate, so that's an automatic "Fuck that!!"

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure why, but I find it quite funny how this topic is titled 'Some OnLive games free for two weeks!' then there's a topic just under it that says 'Some 3DS games priced at 49.99!'
laugh.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
8mbit connection here, just tried it since it's free, and it is awesome!
I do notice a veeeeeeeery small input lag, but its less then half a second, and if I'm really into the game, for example, when I was playing UT, I didn't notice it at all.

I love this service, was a bit sceptic at first, but now that I've tried it.. If I didnt have a great computer like I have now, Id pay for this service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI