Gaming Some of my Questions about PSPs

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a DS flashcart and am thinking about trading my games in for a psp. A few things im wondering are: what is the largest size memory stick the psp takes? Also what exactly does a pandora battery do and is it reusable? where would you get psp isos from?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe 8GB is the highest memory stick for the PSP. As for the Pandora Battery, I'm not entirely sure what it does since I've never had to use one, so hopefully someone can fill you in on that. As for where to get the ISO's, I'm sure you know where to get these. If you can find DS roms, then you'll be able to use PSP ISO's. I was getting mine through private torrent sites for a while, but a few months ago I started getting them through newsgroups. It's just faster that way, and there's no seeding. Also, some of the sites that host DS roms also have PSP ISO's

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
DespizingU said:
I believe 8GB is the highest memory stick for the PSP. As for the Pandora Battery, I'm not entirely sure what it does since I've never had to use one, so hopefully someone can fill you in on that. As for where to get the ISO's, I'm sure you know where to get these. If you can find DS roms, then you'll be able to use PSP ISO's. I was getting mine through private torrent sites for a while, but a few months ago I started getting them through newsgroups. It's just faster that way, and there's no seeding. Also, some of the sites that host DS roms also have PSP ISO's

Bzzt, wrong
tongue.gif
16GB is the biggest out yet.

A 'Pandora Battery' allows you to modify a PSP with a custom firmware or restore it from a 'bricked' status.

No asking for illegal files such as "iso"s. Use a program called UMD DAX Dumper on the PSP, borrow some games, and rip them yourself.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
No need for extra programs, you can rip ISOs from UMDs in the XMB. Press Select, change USB device to UMD, then connect to USB and copy the file to your hard drive.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:
No need for extra programs, you can rip ISOs from UMDs in the XMB. Press Select, change USB device to UMD, then connect to USB and copy the file to your hard drive.

Yes but that is if you have your PC at your disposal. I used to go to friends' houses with my PSP and if they had a game I wanted I would just put it in, and 10 minutes later I've ripped their game as an ISO to my memory stick, no computer involved
wink.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not many people don't have a PC? o.o;

In any case, the guide answers almost everything about processes and what it can do.

The largest memory stick is 16GB(12?) ATM, but they are working on larger, there should be no limit to what the PSP can read, and there are supposed attempts coming to have other media readable (microSD) which would allow for 32GB or even 64GB to be used.
HOWEVER, larger memory sticks have MUCH slower reading times, so it is advised that you look for something around 2GB~4GB to size, and just get multiple. Or so I would say. Some people don't mind, and just go for getting 'the best speed' in order to make up for this.

Pandora battery allows you to go into service mode on your PSP, which would have it try and run a file off the memory card, you abuse this by having it use this to create CFW (Custom Firmware), it's all covered in the guide.

Yes, it is reusable.

PSP isos you should make yourself, you 'can' find them online, but it is illegal to point you in their direction, however when you DO find them I recommend you get them from 'hako' as his rips seem to be of best quality.

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you to everyone that has provided me with answers. I have seen a microSD to Memory stick Pro duo adapter and I'm wondering if this would be fine and run without lag (since microSD are alot cheaper and I already have some extra ones). Another quick question, what firmware should I load to have maximum compatability with new games?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr47hedgehogz said:
Thank you to everyone that has provided me with answers. I have seen a microSD to Memory stick Pro duo adapter and I'm wondering if this would be fine and run without lag (since microSD are alot cheaper and I already have some extra ones). Another quick question, what firmware should I load to have maximum compatability with new games?

The MicroSD to Pro Duo adapters on the market right now are pretty slow in comparison to real Pro Duo cards. Also, they do not support Magic Gate, which means you cannot make a Magic Memory Stick from them. For the best compatibility, Go with the latest firmware from the m33 team (which is 3.90 m33-3 as of right now), which is always available from Dark Alex's website.

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that I went memory card shoping I found that there are Mark 2 memory sticks and normal memory sticks what is the difference betwwen the two?

Hedgehogofchaos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I'm almost all set. Pandora battery ordered from gamersection. also can the psp be used as a memory stick reader or do i have to pick one up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-