l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

My Wii get System 4.1E by Wakinko and a Modchip Wiikey2 with yellow sticker.

I banner-brick my Wii by installing a corrupt WAD on it by Wad Manager 1.5. To unbrick it I've installed a Wiikey2 modchip.

Question 1 : I install the Wiikey with point ABCG, +3.3V and GND. The modchip seems working because the red & blue led blink 2 times. But did I need to connect point DEF ?

Now I boot on rescue menu by pressing Y on the first GC controller.

When I put an original game on the Wii, I got a the rescue menu and a black screen and nothing append.
When I put a backup game patched with Wii autoboot creator, I got only the rescue menu.
When I put a anytitledeleter autoboot dvd from GBATEMP, I got only the rescue menu.

Question 2 : Is there a problem with something or I do something wrong ?

Thanks all for your time !

Buddha.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DEF are not required for yellow stickered WiiKey2.

Have you booted the wii with an original disk in the drive from your own region yet since installing the WiiKey2?

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ozguy said:
DEF are not required for yellow stickered WiiKey2.

Ok, thanks for the info !

QUOTE(ozguy @ Sep 21 2009, 01:06 AM) Have you booted the wii with an original disk in the drive from your own region yet since installing the WiiKey2?

Yes, I tried with Shaun white snowbording & Wii Sports but nothing append...

With normal boot, I got the healing advertise and a black screen :/
With RescueMenu boot, I got 4.1E screen and a black screen
frown.gif

Is it normal that an original game doesn't boot with the RescueMenu ?

Thanks Ozguy !

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the WiiKey 2 configuration disk work?
It is a gamecube disk, so it should work regardless of system menu working or not, so long as the WiiKey is working correctly.
Note: You will need to use a gamecube controller or the power/reset buttons on the Wii to change options on the menu.

If the config disk works, the WiiKey2 is functioning normally.

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ozguy said:
Does the WiiKey 2 configuration disk work?
It is a gamecube disk, so it should work regardless of system menu working or not, so long as the WiiKey is working correctly.
Note: You will need to use a gamecube controller or the power/reset buttons on the Wii to change options on the menu.

If the config disk works, the WiiKey2 is functioning normally.

No It doesn't ! I've download from official website and burn it. I try to launch it by normal boot and with RescueMenu...

So my Wiikey isn't installed correctly ? :/

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. I forgot. Gamecube disks don't autoload. It still has to be loaded from the disk channel I believe, so I guess that doesn't mean anything.

I am sure this has been asked before, but did you have preloader installed?
If you are not sure, what happens if you hold reset while you turn on your wii?

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ozguy said:
My bad. I forgot. Gamecube disks don't autoload. It still has to be loaded from the disk channel I believe, so I guess that doesn't mean anything.

Ok, tomorow I'll try without the chip to load an original game with RescueMenu to see what append...

QUOTE(ozguy @ Sep 21 2009, 02:25 AM) I am sure this has been asked before, but did you have preloader installed?
If you are not sure, what happens if you hold reset while you turn on your wii?

I don't have preloader or bootmii installed unfortunatly :/ I've just installed StarPatch 4.1 and apply most of fix... Now I know why preloader or bootmii was so important !

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not used StarPatch, so I don't know much about it, but I found the following in a list of StarPatch features:
QUOTE said:
Can autoboot a game by booting the Recovery menu, pressing Y on a Nintendo Gamecube controller in port 1 and removing the diagnostic disc check
So has the diagnostic disk check been turned off?

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I apply this :

StartPatchv4.1

Features:
-------------------------------
Region free OK

Region free channels OK

Region free channels sd card menu OK

skip update check OK

No health check NO

recovery menu press Y NGC-PAD 1rt port OK

Remove diag disc check NO

Force Disc Region NO

Remove NoCopy Protection OK

move disc channel NO

For autoboot game, install Recovery menu press Y NGC-PAD 1rt port and Remove diag disc check NO

Edit : I've tried to remove my modchip and launch an original game but it's the same with or without the modchip... nothing append...

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set Remove Diag Disk Check to OK.

You should then be able to autoboot the homebrew ISOs from the recovery menu, from what I have read.

Or set that very bottom option to YES

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ozguy said:
Set Remove Diag Disk Check to OK.

You should then be able to autoboot the homebrew ISOs from the recovery menu, from what I have read.

Or set that very bottom option to YES

... mmmh I really don't know how to modify these option with my bricked Wii :/ Can I access to StarPatch 4.1 directly ?

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can't get anything to autoboot.
And I guess if you can't get to the StarPatch settings without going through the HBC you are pretty much screwed.

Preloader has the ability to hold Reset while you turn on your Wii to change it's settings. StarPatch does not appear to have that ability, so it is pretty much useless for trying to fix this brick.

It looks like you may not have the autoboot setting enabled on the WiiKey, and only way to do that if you can't autoboot would be to put it in another wii, run the WiiKey2 config disk to change it, then put it back in your Wii. That is probably your last hope.

l_buddha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bazamuffin said:
This of any use? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117690&st=0

Thanks Bazamuffin but like they say in the topic : Only work for System 3.2 or lower :/

QUOTE(ozguy @ Sep 21 2009, 02:50 PM) He can't get anything to autoboot.
And I guess if you can't get to the StarPatch settings without going through the HBC you are pretty much screwed.

Preloader has the ability to hold Reset while you turn on your Wii to change it's settings. StarPatch does not appear to have that ability, so it is pretty much useless for trying to fix this brick.

It looks like you may not have the autoboot setting enabled on the WiiKey, and only way to do that if you can't autoboot would be to put it in another wii, run the WiiKey2 config disk to change it, then put it back in your Wii. That is probably your last hope.

Yes, I think you're right and my last hope is to install my Wiikey on a other Wii, configure it to autoboot and reinstall it to my Wii... I'll see with a friend if he want me to do that...

Thanks Ozguy for your time and your advise !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...