Homebrew Some games not working on Mocha

Kuroashiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Wii U 5.5.3 and Mocha CFW with games on usb, some games like Zelda BOTW, Wind Waker, MK8, Super Mario Bros Wii U, etc works just fine, but other games freezes on the start screen, I tested 4 of them, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Party 10, Kirby Rainbow Curse and Paper Mario Color Splash.
I tried Spiik but doesn't work, anyone have a idea what's causing this?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is likely with the games themselves, not Mocha. I would redownload the games from a different source, make sure they're the correct region, and reinstall them.

Kuroashiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem is likely with the games themselves, not Mocha. I would redownload the games from a different source, make sure they're the correct region, and reinstall them.
I download all of them in the Wii U USB Helper, you have other source to download?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I download all of them in the Wii U USB Helper, you have other source to download?
That's where you want to get them. Did the games completely download? Did the games successfully install? Are they the correct region? Are you installing them to a faulty USB drive?

Kuroashiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's where you want to get them. Did the games completely download? Did the games successfully install? Are they the correct region? Are you installing them to a faulty USB drive?
yeah, the downloads are ok, the installation goes well, I tried reinstall and re-download and gets the same issue, I tried load super mario 3d world on loadiine, downloaded from other source and gets the same issue, freezes on the start screen.
The USB drive is the same of the other games that work

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the downloads are ok, the installation goes well, I tried reinstall and re-download and gets the same issue, I tried load super mario 3d world on loadiine, downloaded from other source and gets the same issue, freezes on the start screen.
The USB drive is the same of the other games that work
Wait, are you using Loadiine for all of your game backups?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop using Loadiine. It is a deprecated method from the time before The Brazilian Method.

Attach a USB drive to your Wii U and use WUP Installer GX to install your games to USB. Launch them from the Wii U home menu to play.

Kuroashiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, are you using Loadiine for all of your game backups?
no, I installed lodiine just to test super mario 3d world, all the other games are installed on usb with wup install, and running with mocha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop using Loadiine. It is a deprecated method from the time before The Brazilian Method.

Attach a USB drive to your Wii U and use WUP Installer GX to install your games to USB. Launch them from the Wii U home menu to play.
I not using it

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I installed lodiine just to test super mario 3d world, all the other games are installed on usb with wup install, and running with mocha

I not using it
That tells me there is probably something wrong with the download or the SD card.

Kuroashiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I installed all the games with the WUP installer GX2

That tells me there is probably something wrong with the download or the SD card.
I gonna try another USB drive, only what's left to try

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the games you are installing are from the same region as your Wii U. I half-remember Super Mario 3D World not working on out-of-region consoles.

NewkTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that Mario Party 10, Paper Mario Color Splash and Kirby Rainbow Curse DO indeed work on my WiiU and I used WiiU USB Helper.

Speaking of which, how are you currently running that program? Try updating it to the latest version using this method I posted about a few days ago:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/working-fix-easy-install-wii-u-usb-helper-0-6-1-655.535214/

ALSO, install your games using WUP Installer Mod Y whilst in Mocha/CFW. Don't just play games after loading Mocha, install them to after loading Mocha.

Last edited by NewkTV,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, I've reported the domain directly to their registrar so that they can take action. ;)