Some cheats don't show up...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by do_ob, Aug 5, 2008.

Aug 5, 2008

Some cheats don't show up... by do_ob at 2:58 PM (861 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. do_ob
    OP

Newcomer do_ob Member

United States
    Hey all, I just wondered, I found the wonderful cheat databse on this site, and for the majority of games, the cheats work and it's all gravy! However there're still some that don't show up. I've followed the instructions and got the pre patched 1.18 system file for the R4, however some cheats won't show up. My question is this: Does the region of the dump I have affect the cheat? i.e. if I have USA version instead of EU version or vice versa. If this is the case then I guess it's just a case of switching the regions!

Thanks in advance!!

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Yes. Different regional releases of the same game are different games as far as the cheat engine is concerned.

3. do_ob
    OP

Newcomer do_ob Member

United States
    Ahhh that explains a lot!

Just so I know is there a way to change the region on the cheats but keep the cheats or would it be easier to just use another region? [​IMG]

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I don't really know, so I'm going to say that just using the rom the cheats were designed for will be easier.

5. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You can't change the region of the cheats because the cheats were made for the game of that specific region. The memory addresses are different between regions so the cheats won't work for any other region and most likely screw up and crash the game.