ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! So this should be "done" fairly soon then. WOOT!

I've been wanting to check out this game, but I ain't touching it in Japanese. I know I could run the "mostly finished" translation and re-patch it again when it's finished, but I'm patient. I'm just keeping tabs as the project comes nearer to completion.

A big
bow.gif
for all the work that has been done.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a problem on the latest patch... I'm grinding at the Amati Ruins but whenever I go to Amati Ruins 2 and go to the upper left of the map (where the miniboss Ve-Ve is) the game hangs for some reason, I taught maybe its a minor glitch but I tried it 3 times on the same place (same patch) It always hangs at the same spot. I tried the old patch (28-08-08 patch) it plays ok without a hitch in the same area.
cry.gif

I hope you'll fix it on the next patch.
yaynds.gif

update: I just tried to go there again apparently whenever Ve-Ve the miniboss is there the game hangs I think. I tried beating the boss on the old patch and save my game, I tried go to the same area after I beat the miniboss with the latest patch just to be sure the game didn't hang on me. strange glitch
blink.gif

another question. how come the cheatcodes for soma bringer didn't show-up? the original work but why can't on the patch?

ZZGear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serabii said:
I got a problem on the latest patch... I'm grinding at the Amati Ruins but whenever I go to Amati Ruins 2 and go to the upper left of the map (where the miniboss Ve-Ve is) the game hangs for some reason, I taught maybe its a minor glitch but I tried it 3 times on the same place (same patch) It always hangs at the same spot. I tried the old patch (28-08-08 patch) it plays ok without a hitch in the same area.
cry.gif

I hope you'll fix it on the next patch.
yaynds.gif

update: I just tried to go there again apparently whenever Ve-Ve the miniboss is there the game hangs I think. I tried beating the boss on the old patch and save my game, I tried go to the same area after I beat the miniboss with the latest patch just to be sure the game didn't hang on me. strange glitch
blink.gif

another question. how come the cheatcodes for soma bringer didn't show-up? the original work but why can't on the patch?
reason: every new patch means new game id

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serabii said:
cry.gif
Can you upload your save? I don't have any around there.

Goroke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Act 1, some of the names doesn't match. i.e. On the Soma Gate, one area is called Gate of Conviction, while on the game map it's called Conviction Gate. I can't work the Soma Trans, so I can't fix it myself
tongue.gif

Keep it up!!

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goroke said:
In Act 1, some of the names doesn't match. i.e. On the Soma Gate, one area is called Gate of Conviction, while on the game map it's called Conviction Gate. I can't work the Soma Trans, so I can't fix it myself
tongue.gif

Keep it up!!
Just noticed that and fixed it while I was running around trying to reproduce the bug above, haha

And you don't need SomaTrans, you can just edit the page on the wiki.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Can you upload your save? I don't have any around there.

I tried to repatch it again (with the latest patch) and got to move and kill at the same area and boss again. Maybe it's a mispatch or some transfer problem from my side. But just to be sure from my *forgot my count*
tongue.gif
attempt, the miniboss Ve-Ve has been respwned in the same area (Amati Ruins 2).

http://www.mediafire.com/?whivj24vxik

I hope this helps...

cyax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all the work on the translation. This is truly a great game (coming from a D1/D2 player, I can still remember the Butcher in the original game...ah, the memories)

furr_edd

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
so with every new patch the game ID will change rite?
how do I change the save game ID so that its compatible with the new patch?

EDIT: just read few posts in previous page, and it stated that it should work
but mine didnt pop up in R4,(still have to create new save data)

maybe the existing save game is using a very old soma bringer patch? which cant be used with the new one?

anyway, thanks for the translators for translate this awesome game
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
furr_edd said:
hi,
so with every new patch the game ID will change rite?
how do I change the save game ID so that its compatible with the new patch?

EDIT: just read few posts in previous page, and it stated that it should work
but mine didnt pop up in R4,(still have to create new save data)

maybe the existing save game is using a very old soma bringer patch? which cant be used with the new one?

anyway, thanks for the translators for translate this awesome game
biggrin.gif

Make sure your save game file is named EXACTLY the same as the .nds file and it SHOULD work. There is no ID on the save file, just the ROM.

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man, what can i say... this game is so beautiful chapter after chapter, i totally love it... it's a big shame we can't have a proper western edition, BUT, dear Nintendo, we have user like DarthNemesis here! thank you again for ur effort...
wink.gif

ZZGear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DivineZeus said:
Man, what can i say... this game is so beautiful chapter after chapter, i totally love it... it's a big shame we can't have a proper western edition, BUT, dear Nintendo, we have user like DarthNemesis here! thank you again for ur effort...
wink.gif

Yes DarthNemesis is our hero!!!

Posts merged

QUOTE(DivineZeus @ Sep 3 2008, 07:34 PM) Man, what can i say... this game is so beautiful chapter after chapter, i totally love it... it's a big shame we can't have a proper western edition, BUT, dear Nintendo, we have user like DarthNemesis here! thank you again for ur effort...
wink.gif
Yes DarthNemesis is our hero!!!

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Wow this is really awesome. I gotta play it when it is full. I bet the game will be great, but I really don't understand why Nintendo won't bring this to us in english.
Thanks a lot DarthNemesis for your hard work I'm sure we all appreciate it

neochaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Fantastic work DarthNemesis. Just a question, are you going to make translation projects for any other DS games after this one? Would be great, so many great titles still untranslated.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Woah, A friend of mine just told me that he heard about a 100% Soma Bringer translation and I came here to check.. wasn't expecting to see this so far in so little time..

I'm impressed, congratulations Darth Nemesis and all the team.. thanks for doing this great job!
bow.gif

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nintendo should pay DarthNemesis big $ for his translation when it's done, and then release game in English...and include his name in special thanks!:)

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Just started playing. Awesome work everyone. Btw, I noticed a typo when you're assigned your second mission. Idea says, "You're stooping off at the city?". Stooping should of course be stopping. No worries though, thanks for all the hard work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.