ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

SpyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DarthNemesis said:
Back up your files, re-extract a fresh ROM, export to Wikitable, then copy over your translations.

So I have to Copy/Paste more than 1000 translated sentences ?
cry.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Keep up all the good work you guys. Your efforts haven't gone noticed and I really appreciate all the work you are putting in to translate Soma Bringer. I really look forward to it.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, all Act 1 cutscenes are fixed now. Let me know (or just edit the wiki) if any lines go over the limit, since I haven't had time to test all the changes.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If any of you are interested, I added a bunch of Soma Bringer cheats for the translated version of Soma Bringer to the cheat database I'm working on. (The one in my signature), if one of you gets a chance, could you try them out?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Are you just using the ones from http://charabox.2.pro.tok2.com/CoPaDS/codes/YBSJN0_P.html ?

I think you might need help with the translation - here are just a few oddities that I saw:
- Don John should be Dungeon
- Prayer should be Player
- "there is no spatula" should be "doesn't decrease"
Ah thanks, I'll update them
smile.gif
Yea..I suck with Japanese, all I know how to do is run it through babelfish and such ;p

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Are you just using the ones from http://charabox.2.pro.tok2.com/CoPaDS/codes/YBSJN0_P.html ?

I think you might need help with the translation - here are just a few oddities that I saw:
Bahahaha classic.

"Don John". Never occurred to me when I translated it through babelfish that it was actually "Dungeon".

And spatula bit: wow.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Learning a bit of Japanese helps, since babel fish is not really reliable in translating to and from any language.

You can try using this site. I found it quite awhile ago back when I was taking Japanese course.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey your site isn´t really very bad!^^

Please keep up the good work!
wink.gif

We need ya translation cause I believe there will be no NA release of this Game
frown.gif

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For short phrases and individual words, this site can be pretty handy as well.

http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/dictionary/
http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/translate/

It only translates individual words (it's a dictionary, after all), but it gives you several meanings if the word has any. (First link)
The second link is hit and miss.

Still, it's probably better if you actually know the language.

DarthNemesis: You have some way to pull all the information from the Wiki automatically, right? It would be really hard to keep up with tiny edits in supposedly finished sections. Also, we should probably have some sort of progress indicator for each section. That way, translators can easily fill in holes. (It could be as simple as [translated lines]/[total number of lines] * [100]) So for Head [11.dat], the progress would be 31/33 * 100... Approximately 94%.

At the very least, we should use "Done" and "Not Done" to indicate status.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
DarthNemesis: You have some way to pull all the information from the Wiki automatically, right?Sort of. I have to manually copy the table into a local file but then the program can take care of importing it.

QUOTE(Mac2492 @ May 5 2008, 11:13 AM) At the very least, we should use "Done" and "Not Done" to indicate status.
It's always nice to have progress indicators, but I don't really want to presume to call a section "complete" in case someone finds errors or better translations for it. I could modify SomaTrans to collect stats when it's importing without much trouble, though.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Sort of. I have to manually copy the table into a local file but then the program can take care of importing it.

That's pretty clever!

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ May 5 2008, 06:17 PM) It's always nice to have progress indicators, but I don't really want to presume to call a section "complete" in case someone finds errors or better translations for it. I could modify SomaTrans to collect stats when it's importing without much trouble, though.

That problem can easily be avoided. Just indicate that the progress indicators represent the status of the rough translations, not the final translations.

Just a quick thought... If you can get easily SomaTrans to collect stats, how easy would it be to have it export those stats back into the Wiki pages?

Unrelated: I can't believe you're compiling everything daily. That shows a lot of dedication.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis, thanks for doing this. The patch is great! I enjoyed playing Soma Bringer BEFORE I could read the text. NOW, it makes it 10 times more fun. Keep up the awesome work!

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wikipedia article mentions that there are four extra acts.

QUOTE said:
Bonus Act - Soma Tree (Displays after Act 3; available After Act 4)

Extra Act 1 - Espiral Wind Cave (???????)

Extra Act 2 - Mermaid Cove (????? ???)

Extra Act 3 - Winnipeg Mountain (??????)

I don't see them on the wiki. Will they be translated? =P

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:

LMAO.
The Don John and Prayer are just simple katakana translating mistakes, If you get any weird translations, you should just try saying it out, and see if it sounds like something relavent.

The spatula one though, rofl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye