Hacking Solution for Luma3ds error "An exception occurred. ARM11 - data abort - Translation-section"

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
there is only one 32 character folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder
i do have hidden files visible, no dice
the 0000008f is only for USA systems

EUR Region: 00000098
JPN Region: 00000082
USA Region: 0000008f
CHN Region: 000000A1
KOR Region: 000000A9
TWN Region: 000000B1

yours may be different

thr0waway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
many apologies for late response, i have been away with family for a week.
just tried deleting the 00000098 folder, but i'm still getting the "an error has occurred forcing the software to close" when trying to play animal crossing new leaf.
it is the japanese version of new leaf though, i don't suppose that makes a difference, does it??

here's a screenshot of my extdata/00000000 folder (before deleting 00000098), if that's any help.
again, hugely appreciate help

Attachments

• gbatemp.png
    gbatemp.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 502
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many apologies for late response, i have been away with family for a week.
just tried deleting the 00000098 folder, but i'm still getting the "an error has occurred forcing the software to close" when trying to play animal crossing new leaf.
it is the japanese version of new leaf though, i don't suppose that makes a difference, does it??

here's a screenshot of my extdata/00000000 folder (before deleting 00000098), if that's any help.
again, hugely appreciate help

Is it only for this game that's giving you trouble?

Try this.
  1. Use Checkpoint or JKSM to back up your game save.
  2. Reinstall the *.cia with FBI if you made a backed up of that game. If not, either find it again at that iso site or download by freeShop / CIAngel / Villain3DS (if the game hasn't been blocked from Nintendo's CDN server).
  3. After installing, restore your save. Check if the game works again.
  4. If the game doesn't work AND you used a kept *.cia copy NOT obtained from that iso site / freeShop, etc. , try getting another different copy.

thr0waway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
what region are you?

europe (hence deleting the ~98 folder)

Is it only for this game that's giving you trouble?

Try this.
  1. Use Checkpoint or JKSM to back up your game save.
  2. Reinstall the *.cia with FBI if you made a backed up of that game. If not, either find it again at that iso site or download by freeShop / CIAngel / Villain3DS (if the game hasn't been blocked from Nintendo's CDN server).
  3. After installing, restore your save. Check if the game works again.
  4. If the game doesn't work AND you used a kept *.cia copy NOT obtained from that iso site / freeShop, etc. , try getting another different copy.

that's the thing though, i've never been able to launch this title, thus it has no saved data nor does it even show up in checkpoint :(
i've tried reinstalling it from freeshop, same issue occurs. this seems to be the only game this happens to
it's the japanese version specifically i want; i'm learning japanese at a university level and will soon be living there
the ONLY THING i can think of is that i have savedata from the european version of new leaf, as i have that game physically.

thank you all for so much help

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
europe (hence deleting the ~98 folder)

that's the thing though, i've never been able to launch this title, thus it has no saved data nor does it even show up in checkpoint :(
i've tried reinstalling it from freeshop, same issue occurs. this seems to be the only game this happens to
it's the japanese version specifically i want; i'm learning japanese at a university level and will soon be living there
the ONLY THING i can think of is that i have savedata from the european version of new leaf, as i have that game physically.

thank you all for so much help

A Vietnamese person in Nippon. You're in for a rough time. lol.

This is probably why you can't play that game on your 3DS.
Region-free patches: The region lock preventing foreign/imported 3DS games from working has been removed. Carts from the NA (North America), EU (Europe), JP (Japan), KOR (Korea), TWN (Taiwan, Hong Kong), and CHN (mainland China) regions should work without issue on any region firmware with Luma3DS, eliminating the need to perform region changes. Note: CHN/TWN/KOR 3DSes use a different shared font archive than NA/EU/JP. It may be necessary to install the other regions' shared font archives if your out of region game does not work.

As for installing that shared font archive, you'll need to look to that darth site.
The *.cia you'll want to install with sysUpdater.

• 0004009B00011902
  • 0004009B00014002
  • probably some others

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

thr0waway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
As for installing that shared font archive, you'll need to look to that darth site.
The *.cia you'll want to install with sysUpdater.

• 0004009B00011902
  • 0004009B00014002
  • probably some others

thank you for quick response
i'm quite confused; i've gone to this link, but there doesn't seem to be downloads the ones you've listed (11902 and 14002)?
just downloaded sysupdater. when i run it, it just gives me the option to update or downgrade my console. isn't updating it not recommeded? i heard the newest 3ds version is to be stayed away from
if i'm missing something obvious please forgive me. i'm bad at this stuff.

also a weird update: i deleted my existing extra data for acnl europe, and deleted the japanese acnl. i tried to reinstall it off of freeshop, but whenever i try freeshop crashes and gives me the error message i was getting when booting animal crossing :( this is all strange lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what confuses me also is why this is only now an issue, most of my games are japanese, so i don't know why acnl specifically has an issue with the language? weird

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
isn't updating it not recommeded? i heard the newest 3ds version is to be stayed away from

Updating is safe if you have the latest Luma release.

i tried to reinstall it off of freeshop, but whenever i try freeshop crashes and gives me the error message i was getting when booting animal crossing :( this is all strange lol

On basic terms, Nintendo has restricted the game (and almost every other game, afaik) from being downloaded through freeShop and other CDN-downloading homebrew. Explanation:
Lots of misinformation in this thread about what you can/can't do in 11.8, so I'm going to (try) to set the record straight.

The change that's being discussed is a change in the NIM module on the 3DS. NIM is the service which is responsible for downloading applications through the Nintendo CDN; it's the service which is used by the eShop to download and install games. Before 11.8, NIM only sent the titlekey to the CDN in order to verify that the download was allowed. Think of titlekeys as a sort of password for the CDN - if you had the right titlekey, you could always download the game. This is also why you could download games on a computer - there was no console specific information sent and thus the CDN didn't check what was downloading. As long as you sent the titlekey, the CDN sent the game.

Before we talk about the change, let's make sure we all understand what a ticket is. A ticket is a piece of data that's stored on your 3DS that is used by the 3DS OS to determine which games you own. The ticket consists of three main parts - the signature data, console specific data, and the titlekey. The entire ticket is signed by Nintendo, so it's impossible to replicate these tickets. If they're changed, or if someone tries to make their own ticket, the changed/new ticket will have an invalid signature. This means the ticket is what we call an invalid ticket. Before 11.8, only the 3DS console checked the signature of the ticket. This is why you need CFW to install CIAs - the ticket's signature is invalid, and the CFW patches out the signature check the 3DS would otherwise do. Up until 11.8, this solution worked fine, as there were no server side checks of the ticket.

This changed in 11.8, as NIM was updated to send two new headers whenever a download request is made to the Nintendo CDN. These two new headers are X-authentication-key and X-authentication-data. X-authentication data is the ticket installed on the console (encrypted), and X-authentication-key is the AES key used to encrypt the X-authentication-data field. The CDN then decrypts the data field and checks the signature of the ticket. Since the ticket was made by freeshop rather than by Nintendo, it fails the signature check and the CDN refuses to send the file. A brave member on the Nintendo Homebrew discord installed one of these invalid tickets and attempted to download from the eShop, which would've worked fine on 11.7, and confirmed that it broke on 11.8 and that Nintendo was now verifying tickets:
unknown.png

As of right now, CDN downloaders on computers and piracy apps like freeShop still work (with the exception of sleep mode downloads). This is because these downloaders don't send anything in the X-authentication-data and X-authentication-key fields. Currently, the CDN only refuses the download if the data in those fields is invalid. However, Nintendo frequently waits a week or two to impose new restrictions on the server. Once they require these two fields, all CDN downloaders will break permanently, as they are unable to supply proper X-authentication-key and X-authentication-data fields.

Nintendo can't stop CIAs that are dumped or downloaded from other sources than the CDN (yet), but 11.8 shows they do still care about piracy on the 3DS and are taking strides to stop it.

As for updates, they have their own tickets, and the eShop will happily provide valid tickets as long as the console has the title installed, so nothing in 11.8 will stop you from updating pirated applications.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for quick response
i'm quite confused; i've gone to this link, but there doesn't seem to be downloads the ones you've listed (11902 and 14002)?
just downloaded sysupdater. when i run it, it just gives me the option to update or downgrade my console. isn't updating it not recommeded? i heard the newest 3ds version is to be stayed away from
if i'm missing something obvious please forgive me. i'm bad at this stuff.

also a weird update: i deleted my existing extra data for acnl europe, and deleted the japanese acnl. i tried to reinstall it off of freeshop, but whenever i try freeshop crashes and gives me the error message i was getting when booting animal crossing :( this is all strange lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what confuses me also is why this is only now an issue, most of my games are japanese, so i don't know why acnl specifically has an issue with the language? weird

As for why AC:NL is giving you problems, I can't say. Maybe you have a bad copy of the game? Try downloading another version somewhere else, like from that iso site (unless that's where you originally got yours at).

If your new downloaded copy of the game doesn't work.

3dbrew.org is a technical reference website for 3DS stuff. It doesn't host copyright material.

I mentioned that darth site as the go to website for your firmware package needs. You'll have to find the website yourself. You're not using sysUpdater to update or downgrade your 3DS firmware nor are you using it to do something as drastic, say like region changing your 3DS to JPN.

For firmware 11.7.0-40
If you have an o3DS, you'll want to download the o3DS JPN package with MD5 hash 09ea56826917e56461ff332f2b032e89.
If it's an n3DS, the n3DS JPN package is instead 14e94a39fe6424a7d29e02ed48246ad4.
  • Make a backup of your SysNAND and set it aside on your computer before using sysUpdater. (Just in case)
  • Put the updates folder on the root of your SD card.
  • Remove or delete all the CIAs except for the two listed above: they're the "JA_small/32" dictionary and JPN/EUR/USA System Font ("font:").
  • Don't use FBI to install them because they're system (aka SysNAND / not SD card) based CIAs. Use sysUpdater.
  • If it still doesn't work after installing those two, you may have to resort to region changing your 3DS to JPN specifically for AC:NL
If region changing (on your SysNAND) seems too extreme for only one game, there's a way to do this on an a region changed EmuNAND. EmuNAND is generally frowned upon for a variety of reasons, but if there's absolutely no other way, I only recommend this route if (1) you have a spare SD card ONLY for playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf (JPN) plus any other JPN games that does not work on your main card and (2) your spare card is cheap (ie, 4 GB).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any successes thus far? I'm encountering the same exact issue.

There was another info from a different thread mentioning about how the game data has "region-free patches" applied, meaning Luma3DS can run the game without needing to enable game patching. Another info was, if you attempted to update the base game via update cia file, it has to make sure the game data and the update data are both on the same region. By checking to see if the game data is "region-free" or "Japan", we can use FBI to see them when viewing the titles.

I'm thinking it doesn't need to have SD:/luma/locales/[title id].txt for the game, right?

UPDATE: Found the solution.

Starting from Luma3DS 8.0 and up (possibly even earlier), we need to do the following:

Locale Emulation: While Luma3DS allows games from all regions to be played via region-free patches, some games will freeze or crash if outside their expected region/locale. To fix this, Luma3DS allows emulating your locale.
  • To use this feature, create a locale.txt inside /luma/titles/[TID]/ file. Edit this text file to include the region (JPN, USA, EUR, AUS, CHN, KOR, TWN) and language (JP, EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, ZH, KO, NL, PT, RU, TW) separated by space. For example, to play Pokémon Y in the Japanese language and region, I would place a locale.txtin /luma/titles/0004000000055E00 containing the contents "JPN JP".

And then if you were to install an update CIA to the base game, check using FBI to see if both the base game and the update data are in the same regions. If NOT, then you need to create separate folders for each of the titles by [TID] and set the locales to be the same for each of them as a group.

Last edited by delete12345,
Reactions: Thirdeyechai

xEternallyHis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this happens to me when the Action Replay plugin loads. If you do have the AR plugin for luma, disable the plugin loader in the luma menu before you launch homebrew apps.
Thank you SO much for your answer!! I thought my 3DS was beyond fixing because I had forgotten to do a NAND backup. Created an account just to thank you! :) lol

ItsAPlatypus

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey fellas,
Here is a Workaround that helped me fixing my issue.
Start your 3ds while holding select and the power button.
In the menu that opened, select "enable game patching" and "show nand..."
press start for save!!! your are redirected to the main menu.
Click on download download play. afterwards press "L", "D-Pad down" and "select".
in the miscellaneous options click on the "switch the hb title to the current ap"
go back to your main menu with pressing "b" some times.
restart the download game app and you will hopefully see the homebrew launcher

TwinChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!
I encounter this error after trying to patch ultra moon with dio ventos penumbra moon.
I'm on Luma 9.1 I've updated Ultra Moon to v 1.2
The game runs like normal when patch is disabled, but only gets up to the splash screen with the patch active.
I've tried deleting the 0000000098 folder, and adding a locale.txt file, to no avail.
Are there any known solutions for this problem?

Sarwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have this problem with Soundhax , you can try this method instead from 3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
Be sure to make a backup SysNAND save wth gm9 . All the instructions are there .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER