granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solarobo.jpg

Before you get caught up with the new 3DS, it's important to remember the original DS and that there's still a lot of life in the little 6-year old handheld. For example- Solarobo, a strange and quirky but also charming little action RPG. It has some very diverse gameplay from shooting to platforming. There are numerous new gameplay videos released recently, here are a few pieces of footage below-

Platforming with a jetpack-
Some kind of shooting stage with a tank-
Cutscene of a strange animal/human transformation-
A minecart level with some neat platforming (reminds me of Donkey Kong Country)-
Miscellaneous footage of general dungeon exploration and a bit of battle-
Notice one other thing from the final video. It's from a Japanese expo, but the demo happens to be in French. This to me points towards a Europe localization, something not yet announced. But it's pretty obvious from the demo that they intend to bring the game to other regions besides Japan. Just using logic and common sense of course, no release or date outside of Japan has been confirmed. Famitsu mentioned a few months ago that the game featured 1-4 multiplayer mode and wifi support, though the multiplayer wasn't elaborated upon.

Solarobo seems very unique, it has a lot of gameplay elements so it's hard to classify it just under the genre action RPG. It has platforming, shooting, and a lot of other elements. It's looking to be a visually attractive and fun game for the aging DS. And the DS clearly has a lot of life left in it still. Solarobo is due out in Japan sometime this year, no solid release date is known. I suspect this year's Tokyo Game Show will have some more information in that regard. [/p]

Source- http://www.nintendoeverything.com/44153/

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still a lot of good/decent DS games coming out before the 3DS release. I still can't wait for Okamiden.
smile.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
The only PAL version of Tail Concerto was in French too. I guess the French just like these games. or theres a francophile on the dev team.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
bollocks said:
The only PAL version of Tail Concerto was in French too. I guess the French just like these games. or theres a francophile on the dev team.
I'd be happy to play it in French, and besides, French is a LOT easier to translate into English. Not to mention the the same characters are used, unlike Japanese.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...looks like the kind of game I expected a hell of a lot more of on the DS. I like action games, even if they do have RPG elements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up