Gaming Sol Trigger - English Translation

D

Deleted User

I believe you have to be at low health when you start the battle,
unfortunately the translation doesn't fit on when you look at the awake condition

It's supposed to say "AWAKEs when in danger at battle start" but the last word is cut off

Oh! lol i see! Thanks.

Do you happen to know what are this options?
i1rj.jpg

i'm sorry so many questions!

D

Deleted User

Hehe i didn't know it was supposed to be translated :lol:
Ok so first option is to replay the first half of the game second option start a new adventure so exciting! =D
PS: i maxed all skills for nothing lol.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hehe i didn't know it was supposed to be translated :lol:
Ok so first option is to replay the first half of the game second option start a new adventure so exciting! =D
PS: i maxed all skills for nothing lol.

It's not for nothing!
I feel extremely satisfied when I 100% something.
Got all skills mastered for my primary party (Farel, Cyril, Ema and Valter) and I'm level 47(?), I'm going to grind 'till I get to the max level.
Did that with KH BBS, got Ventus at max level and complete reports, unfortunately my memory stick died (It died something like 2 years ago) and I had to buy a new one. : (

Anyway, I'm not playing Lars part until the patch's finished, so for now I'm just grinding and mastering skills.

BTW, do skills, items and shiz carry over to New Game +?

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
same here i would not play completing it yet for gameplay on(so complete halt on this game [meaning i dont want play game due it can spoil me even i dont know japanese(due...i watch alot animes i have feeling that i could spoil me so much)(note: there are chance i would go berserk just finish a japanese game just to see the ending but now...i want story, story more story)

i wonder could someone translate "final promise story(Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari)" first imagepooch jrpg technically its a same gameplay issues(but no 3d animation skills like Sol trigger)3d exploration system with perma death issues but still the story is okay....i heard

but the mostly likeable 250mb plus usage only

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny you should ask, at the very least it is my intention to do so once SOL is done, already looking into it.
It's the same developer so with some modifications SOL tools work , example:
1.png

Missingalphabet.jpg

There's some issues such as half the alphabet has been replaced with custom symbols,
I already know how to fix this but it'll take some time, another example (Little bit of a fail on the a).

screen00196.jpg

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow a sol trigger twin, the psp scene gets more exiting as the console dies =D

Not quite as good as it's sequel but I did find FPS quite enjoyable, I played it at release and liked it and thought to myself a list of things of what would make it better such as more voicing and animations so you could see the character, etc. Then they did it and released SOL Trigger.

Edit: But FPS's soundtrack was great.

GareJei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gareblogs.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah probably not many people know that Sol Trigger is the sequel to Final Promise Story. I don't think imageepoch even marketed ST as a sequel. Probably because of the bad reviews FPS got.

But I did notice that a song from the FPS soundtrack plays when Farel gets the Xanadu sword (which is the same sword used by FPS's protagonist if I'm not mistaken...?). It has a noticably better OST than Sol Trigger overall. imo.

@Jam: are there any other references to FPS in Sol Trigger aside from that one scene where they show a flashback of Wolf? I'm just curious if there was something that you could only notice if you've played the previous game.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah probably not many people know that Sol Trigger is the sequel to Final Promise Story. I don't think imageepoch even marketed ST as a sequel. Probably because of the bad reviews FPS got.

But I did notice that a song from the FPS soundtrack plays when Farel gets the Xanadu sword (which is the same sword used by FPS's protagonist if I'm not mistaken...?). It has a noticably better OST than Sol Trigger overall. imo.

@Jam: are there any other references to FPS in Sol Trigger aside from that one scene where they show a flashback of Wolf? I'm just curious if there was something that you could only notice if you've played the previous game.

Got to agree that FPS's OST is better, as for references the sword and flashback where the only ones I noticed. Unless you want to count that they can sacrifice their soul to do a last ultimate attack.

Edit: One thing I do like in FPS is there's a row system so you can have people at the front and back,
makes it a bit more tactical

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mostly that sacrifice from fps discovered by church to be source of energy and that machines (that you fight on fps ) mostly copied/updated by the church

while our main guys are mostly descendants of that knights who survived on fps

mostly its has same issues on chrono cross(the director/writer doesnt want chrono cross to be a sequel of chrono trigger instead they put hints)

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking a break from hitting my head against a wall with Sol Trigger's font sizing,
I've been experimenting with Final Promise Story. Not the best text but much better than before.

If anyone happens to have a copy of Sol Trigger and thinks they can help then take a look at the game files and see, any help is appreciated. I've attached a .txt file with some notes.

textcomparison.png

Here's a proof of concept for what a patch could be like.

Wasn't as easy to patch as Sol Trigger, in addition to missing letters there's no support for half-width encoding so letters take 3 bytes.
The text isn't compressed either so there was problems with LBA protection.

Well, back to Sol Trigger.

Attachments

• SOL technical notes.txt
    5 KB · Views: 701
Reactions: Star-scream

Cargodin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow!
I just peeked in here out of curiosity, and I'm pleasantly surprised someone is actually making headway on SYM/FPS, since there are things I like about it more than Sol Trigger (probably the worldsetting and music mischief and maybe because Sol Trigger had a bit more of the BRS: The Game vibe that didn't appeal with me, if that makes any sense at all). I had peeked in the ISO sometime earlier last year, but quite honestly didn't find where the text was. I'm curious if it was compressed somehow (which you've probably mentioned regarding Sol Trigger somewhere here in this very thread, since they are apparently compiled in the same fashion)??

Wish I could help ya with the actual hacking/font aspect. I have 0 hacking capability, but in regards to the .ANM bit in your notes (which I was curious to read), SKL is a working format for 3D model skeletons, while .ANM, as you guessed, IS for the animation data the skeletons have to follow.

Sorry for the novella there, especially when I just wanted to say high five, it looks splendid so far!

Reactions: JamRules

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do it, it'll probably be a long while before I actually properly patch FPS. That said tools are done and the font is now at least readable so anyone with the correctly typeset translations could do it.

Actually FPS's cutscene text is not compressed, you should be able to see it with UTF8 encoding.
The font however is compressed and it's pretty much unreadable before edit (as shown above),
unless you use all caps which would be horrible.

Cargodin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops! Sorry about not seeing you mention straight-up in the post before that about the text being uncompressed. There I go with my reading comprehension. ": ) Thanks for the clarification.

Anyhow, keep up the great work on Sol Trigger. I'm stoked about the idea of replaying it in English!

Reactions: JamRules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu