softmodded wii. update via loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kedest, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kedest
    OP

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    My own wii is modded. But today I softmodded someone else's wii. Piece of cake of course, it only took a few minutes. But that Wii's firmware is quite old. I'd like to update it to 3.2E. I have a lot of backup game discs, one of them is bound to have that update. But the backup loader skips updates. Is there any way I can still update from disc?
    Or is the only way to update online and downgrade? I could also install all the new IOS's manually through WAD Manager I guess, but if there's an easier way...

2. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    Your going to have to use an original disc to update if there isn't any Wi-Fi.

3. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    The only way to update would be if you installed a wad of the newer update. Other than that, you will have to get a retail disk.

4. GhostSonic

GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2008
    United States
    You could try using menu loader, loading into ios 249 (with the no update patch turned off of course) and put in a game with 3.2 on it and see if it works. I can't say if it'll work for certain, though, because my 3.2 wii doesn't even wana update with an official MK Wii disc (no, I don't have any star fall hacks installed)