Hacking Softmodded Wii, 4.2 guide, NSMB green screen, return SYSMENU.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have NSMB working fine with my Wiikey 1 and Neogamma R8Beta 12.

I softmodded a friends Wii with CIOSCORP 3.6 using the 4.2 guide beforehand and when I run the game using Neogamma it flashes a green screen then returns to the system menu. Weird, I haven't read any reports on this in the NSMB Wii thread, anyone know what's up?

mas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. Solved it by getting me another copy of the game. Maybe this will solve your friends problem too.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried playing it through the Disc Channel? Seeing as it has cIOSCORP?

Just curious. I have issues trying to play NSMBW on my Wiikey/Neogamma (use USB loader now) and heard it worked fine on others.

Like mas said, I think it's the copy of the ISO.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBking83 said:
Have you tried playing it through the Disc Channel? Seeing as it has cIOSCORP?

Just curious. I have issues trying to play NSMBW on my Wiikey/Neogamma (use USB loader now) and heard it worked fine on others.

Like mas said, I think it's the copy of the ISO.

Clean .iso(scrubbed allowed) + latest patch(for example the one included in NeoGamma's package) should work for everything. Do you get the green screen error, "an error occured" directly on boot, or randomly into the game?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, directly on boot.

If you want details on exactly what I did I can PM you. (not this sec, though)

I did play around with the main.dol at this stage, mind you. It was when we had to HEXedit it and I ran it though GWP.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBking83 said:
Nah, directly on boot.

If you want details on exactly what I did I can PM you. (not this sec, though)

I did play around with the main.dol at this stage, mind you. It was when we had to HEXedit it and I ran it though GWP.

Nice you are able to use a hexeditor. Ok, look at NeoGamma's .wip file, it contains 3 changes. The 1st is to fix the random issues, the 2nd and 3rd to fix the error on boot for all methods that don't even return all 0s for BCA read.

TigerCX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got the same problem. You need to patch the main.dol file on the game disk. Follow the instructions for NSMB in the compatibility list of cIOSCORP 3.6 (html file).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.