Hacking SoftMod A Modchipped Wii

Wiinie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was possible to do a Soft-Mod on a Mod chipped Wii. My friend is having troubles reading games with his old mod-chipped Wii. So i was wondering if It was Possible to saftley do a Soft-Mod on it? Would there be any side-effects?

Wiinie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason i ask, is if the odchip went out, is it ok to leave it in there and do a soft-mod on it.
I dont think it went out though because it can still read games south of Super Mario Galaxy. Anything newer and it wont read. Doesnt matter what type of DVD-R.
Also It wont update. Dont know why he tried to update, but it always fails.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would update the modchip....i dont have a drive chip myself, however i know most modchips offer upgrades... so try that..

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We're gonna need more detail in full to figure out what's going on here. What kind of modchip? What version Wii? Have you tried burns on another computer - it could be your burner is fuzzing out. What firmware is the Wii at right now?

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There would be no side effect doing softmod on a chiped wii. So you can try without problem.

Only known potential problem is with DVDx but it was only used by first leaked softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-