Softmod a Black Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by emrah, Sep 6, 2009.

Sep 6, 2009

Softmod a Black Wii by emrah at 4:06 AM (10,085 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. emrah
    OP

Newcomer emrah Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone! i will be a wii owner in a few days. First of all thank you for such a great forum and tutorials. I read most if not all of them and get the basics. i want to soft mod my wii rather than a modchip simply beacuse it is cheaper:) so here are my questions. I live in japan if it will help

1)Even though i read the guides and they say for all nintendo wiis available even for 4.1e (i think this is the last version) i want to get a black wii and i know it is quite new are there any known problems is it possible thath it will come with a higher version lets say 4.2? [​IMG]

2)since it is new i think i will not be able to install bootmii as a boot2 and will have to rely on preloader for a brick protection. but unlike a boot2 bootmii in casa of bad brick when i cant reach my system menu i wont be able return to a good point?and also i dont want to spend some money on camecube controller as far as i read i think for the new versions of bootmii you dont need gc controller and can use power and reset button to navigate?

3)hwo can i check the serial just by looking at the box

i am sorry if i have asked some stupid question and if they are already answered in the tutorial. if so i think i just missed them [​IMG]

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    1] 4.2? your trippin. there is no such thing. the guides they work with every wii for a reason.

2] preloader and bootmii as an IOS should be fine for brick protection.

3] i dont think you can, but the serial doesnt even matter anymore, so dont worry about it.

3. Timmy5000

Newcomer Timmy5000 Advanced Member

United States
    I got a new wii for a friend a few months ago
    The SN on the box should match the wii version

Good luck with your new wii and Here is hoping you share the fun and pain of hacking like most of had.

Posts merged

I think he is just saying in theory, that when he gets his wii, there might be some other features on it from Nintendo making it < 4.1 in terms.

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    there won't, he's not special, nor is the color of the wii.

5. emrah
    OP

Newcomer emrah Newbie

United States
    thank you for fast replys:) now i am even more relaxed btw my main purpose will be playing download and self burned dvds as well as a dedicated a 500 gb of hdd. is the rate of running backup games from hdd and/or dvd is good. i think i will just head down to akihabara to get one!!!

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    What rate do you mean? You mean like framerate or consistency of games working rate? Both are probably 99%. You won't tell the difference between a game being played on legitly through the disc channel or a game being loaded through a backup on USB Loader or NeoGamma. There's only very few games with issues.

7. kh4tri

Newcomer kh4tri Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi guys

bought a UK Pal Black Wii package.

I have followed the 4.2 softmod guide created by xzxero. eveything installed fine as per the instructions, but i had to install preloader 29 instead of 30.

i installed usb loader gx, via wad launcer,plugged in my usb hardrive, but when i click start on the usb chanel, i only get a black screen.

i tried to install cisorev14, but soon as it opens, it says iso249 and the wii just freezes.

any ideas???