Hacking Softmii Non Working Games

wiiv1.5owners3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated to softmii 1.0 and got the latest Hacks but still games not working

Castlevania (although after installing Wiigator* cIOS for his gamma launcher it now works)
Star Wars Unleashed (cured this with Castlevania method)
Family 30 Great games loads just past controller screen then hangs on black screen (works in gamma 0.3 perfectly)
Spy Games Elevator Mission (same as Family Great Games)
Blast Works (loads from Disc channel then frezzes)

Before anyone jumps on band wagon of bad rip/burn that would not be possible as all the above games load via Gamma i.e discs are good as are the rips.

ive also tryed patching them to IOS 249 to see if this could be more user friendly with the Cios and Corps
these issues should be looked into but other then then that great work guys cant wait for the GC Loader to be relesed this week please dont post here about the GC loader there is a seperate thread for that. please feel free to add to the above list if needs be thankyou

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you post this already in an own thread? This sounds very familiar.

About Castlevania and Star Wars Unleashed. You did need to install WiiGator's cIOSrev7 with the official installer to the get these games to work in the disc channel? If yes you don't have real 1:1 untouched and clean backups, you can't tell that.

wiiv1.5owners3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi wiipower i did post this before yes but cant find it so if a mod find the older post would be so kind to remove it thanks...sorry dont get what you mean about wiigator Rev 7 the games work via loaderchannel but dont work via softmii (but they do now via softmii after installing Cios used for Gamma 0.3)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm not a Mod, but I found it anyways...:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133...p;#entry1748217

Man..sometimes I think this place here should be called "Noobtemp"...just sometimes, only for a few seconds...then the feeling goes away...happily
wink2.gif

A Tip for you: If you click on your name, you can see the last 5 Topics and Posts you made...for the next time...
rolleyes.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the Gamma cIOS has influence on the games when they are launched from the disc channel, the games are patched to IOS249.

wiiv1.5owners3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankyou hani any reason why they wont boot from preloader disc channel? oh another little bug is if i start a game and reset or load system menu again disc are un readable unless i hard power down then restart.

Posts merged

but why is it only certain games wont work as ALOT more are patched to ios 249 and work flawlessly its just the above games ive come across that having issues.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HaniKazmi said:
I don't think you're using softmii, sounds like your using aquillos guide.

This would explain very well why Star Wars Unleashed didn't work. He had the beta cIOS installed. And this would explain the need for IOS Version patching.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seriously, softmii doesn't use IOS249 for not IOS Version patched games. If you have softmii installed, you can do everything you want with IOS249, even delete it if you want. There's nothing you can to do your cIOS at IOS249 which could make a game suddenly work or not work in the disc channel. But if you don't have softmii and with this cioscorp, IOS249 is essential. I think you don't have softmii installed, or maybe you have it, but it's not installed properly. Did you install any other mod than cioscorp or riiskimod before softmii?

wiiv1.5owners3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guide having at came with soft mii 1.0 cant get internet connction to complete FULL installation but since i had other things installed states you can start at phase 3

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
guide having at came with soft mii 1.0 cant get internet connction to complete FULL installation but since i had other things installed states you can start at phase 3

Then you didn't do ARC you need it.

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a PAL console and wanted to play Scarface (NTSC-U). With the Disc Channel I always get a black Screen when I try to start the game (the game is recognized). But with the gamma loader 0.3 on the same wii everything is fine.

What could be the problem?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
have you installed arc?

HaniKazmi I feel your pain!

I will try to make this point very clear with games playing but not show up in ones Disc Channel with SoftMii.
In order to have complete "Free Region" you have to have WIFI. Any Region changer demands it.
That's where the free region feature comes from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb