daddu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Hey all ,,

I just got my wii yesterday from Malaysia, it was working properly ,, i found the softchip installed and it is the way i work the dvds,,, and then while i am playing it crashed ,, so i restarted the wii and i couldn't use the softchip anymore,,, i tried to change the ios ,, it was original ios249 and the softchip is R99,,,
my father got me one and my cousins too ,, and there wii is working properly with no problems so far,, so i copied there softchip on a SD card and deleted mine from my wii and tried to replace,,, it didn't work,,,,
then i tried to install another softship it didnt work too and gave me the same error ,,,,,

so please please please give me some help i spent the whole night reading and trying to understand how it works ,,

should i reset it and install the whole thing again from scratch ,, and i have also the homebrew channal already is there a way i can use it to read my DVD games???

thanks in advance !

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I'm not too sure what you're problem is here, but have you tried using NeoGamma, and were you playing off DVD-R's or DVD+R's? I suggest if you are going to start from scratch use THIS guide, it's an extensive 50 page encyclopedia on how stuff works, and don't worry you only need to read the stuff you need to it's been set out usuably...

daddu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
i tried the neogamma and it says:
your cios has version 12 neogamma was written for version 14 and up, if you get compatibility probmes, update the ciosi
press any button to continue
and i did then i chouse launch game on dvd
then it says dvd read error (1101)
!!
please help !

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry i'm not sure if you told the full story. SoftChip is not supposed to play 001 games if you have cIOSrev12 installed. But you would get 001 error, or a black or green screen freeze if that was the problem. Those error codes 1xxx mean you have a disc or drive problem. If the disc worked before, you can always try a cIOS reinstall, but most likely it's a bad burn.

RockmanForte said:
you will need IOS38-64-v3610.wad. You can search for it on google. Remember, google is your best friend as ALWAYS.

Why always the warez way??? Get NUS Downloader and download the IOS wad directly from nintendo, which is 100% legal.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS38-64-v3610.wad goes in the root of your SD card. Place the DOL file for the cIOS rev14 installer in sd:/apps/cios and name it boot.dol. Run it from the Homebrew Channel. Select IOS249 if it already isn't the default. Select WAD installation

daddu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
thanks to all tattar thats exactly what i did and the ios 249 is already the default,, but it didnt work yet and i still get the error 1101 when i use the neogama,,,, and there is also another problem!! the mii never worked !!

daddu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
i tried more than one disk and i tried disks that worked before at the same wii and the other working wii that i have,, and the mii is another problem it says only one sentence which is "this channel can't be used." right now i just want to fix the backup disks

daddu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
where did you do this and how much did it cost??? i just tried using original dvds and they didt work at mine too but the other fixed one worked normaly so i am gussing that i have a problem with my dvd drive too !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1