hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just installed the newest firmware so i can play Arkanoid DS and i figured that soft reset is not working for this game. every other game works fine.
anybody has the same problem?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah - how odd
huh.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep it'll be to do with the ARM7 patching, it'll be the same thing that caused the soft reset to work on the Japanese Zelda etc.

I also reckon that it'll have problems saving on firmwares older than 1.12.

EDIT: I've just read the Arkanoid DS thread and it's definitely not working on firmwares older than 1.12.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh....I don't care about soft-reset anyway. It's not that difficult to turn off, then turn back on the DS anyway.

As long as the game runs, I'm good.

...and it seems to run just fine on my R4.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Meh....I don't care about soft-reset anyway. It's not that difficult to turn off, then turn back on the DS anyway.

Yeah, exactly.

Soft-reset does come in handy though. It doesn't drain your battery.

~Nero

I didnt use soft reset for a while, but after a few months my power switch doesn't have the stiffness as it did before, it slides almost as easily as the volume slider, it feels really bad. And yes my power switch was perfect when i first got it. Moral of the story, use the friggen soft reset, unless you want a crappy feeling power switch.
lecture.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I didnt use soft reset for a while, but after a few months my power switch doesn't have the stiffness as it did before, it slides almost as easily as the volume slider, it feels really bad. And yes my power switch was perfect when i first got it. Moral of the story, use the friggen soft reset, unless you want a crappy feeling power switch.Â
lecture.gif

How about picking up your DS, playing a game for a while, and then put it down again. I only sit down to play one game a session.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI