soft reset for EOS for DSONE/i possible?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by korg, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010
  1. korg
    OP

Newcomer korg Newbie

United States
    hi,

is there any way to perform a soft reset with the EOS (SP2) for DSONE/i software? the option is not in the in game menu, and i didnt find any information on the forum. if the official os doesnt have the option, are there any methods available to hack it to work?

thanks

2. LINK289

Newcomer LINK289 Advanced Member

Canada
    Soft reset as in go back to where you choose the roms? You go into the in-game supercard menu (L+R+A+B+X+Y) and at the bottom of the list it says "Main menu" press that.

3. korg
    OP

Newcomer korg Newbie

United States
    sorry, i mean reset the rom without actually having to go back to the main menu and then loading the rom again. basically like the soft reset function on the old SC os.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Most games have this kind of function already built in, you use it by pressing something like Start+Select+A+B+L+R. It could be that you don't need to press all those buttons, but if you press these it should work. If the game you're playing doesn't have this built in, there is no way (yet) to reset it without having to reset the card.

If you have any other questions about the DSone(i), post them in the FAQ please, that way I can easily add them and try to find a solution [​IMG]

5. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Sometimes it's Select + Start.

6. korg
    OP

Newcomer korg Newbie

United States
    thanks for the info guys. for some games, the key combo for the built in reset is actually the same as the EOS in game menu keys =/ (eg chrono trigger). i was hoping there was some workaround. is there any sort of universal cheat code for this kind of action?

7. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Unfortunately, I don't think you can change the key combination for DSOne/i...you can in the DSTwo software, so maybe that feature will filter down to the DSOne/i.

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I suggest you ask elixirdream about making some kind of cheat code that allows for resetting the way you want to do it (let's say by pressing A+B+Start+Select, like in GBA games).