soft mod

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by mattsaysfooey, Oct 20, 2009.

1. mattsaysfooey
    OP

mattsaysfooey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2007
    United States
    Ok i opened a psx mem card and am soldering holes in the connection sheets and running lines through them on the board.
    Then running some components on my bread board. I'm trying to use a spliced usb cable to connect said memory
    to my comp. Then get it to a readable and writable state. THEN program a firmware bypass soft mod out of said psx card that
    will work on ps2 AND psx. Commence sales in readable/writable state only with usb a to b port on side. Firmware seperate.
    Before I finish going through all this trouble. Still a market for psx and ps2 soft mods?

2. purplesludge

purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

Mar 2, 2009
    United States
    wv
    I don't know but this sounds cool.

3. Sao Mortel

Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal
    What is your goal? This sound a little complex. If your making a flying PS2 there might be a market [​IMG]

4. blitzer320

blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    if i understand you right you wanna make this --------> if i get wat your saying just one that works with the psx and ps2

EDIT: this and the hack that you can get which i can't remember the name for will be a memory card softmod

5. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    Wow, sounds hard.

I would just pick up a AR Max but by living like that nothing would happen in the world of hacking. Hope it works out! Let us know!