Gaming So what's the difference...

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
between XexMenu and Freestyle Dash, and which do you use?

Also can you (and would one need to) have them both installed simultaneously? I'm interested in the dash because it seems like it would enable me to control fan speed?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both installed. Freestyle is "prettier," and seems to have a few different functions. There is no real need to have them both installed but it doesn't hurt.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Does your box automatically boot into freestyle or does it need to be launched like an arcade game / demo?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of the replacement dashboards boots to the dash by default but a few weeks back there was an app called dash launch to change it to boot instead of the stock dash (technically it all still goes on and pressing the middle button and then y can return you to it).

http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1799.nfo

As for me I have both but due to me normally doing NXE installs and not bothering with directories when it comes to homebrew xexmenu is my chosen app. I have that installed as a demo and usually it is what is sitting in my DVD drive.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as FAST said. There is an app to launch directly to the program of your choosing. I personally like to go through NXE as well because I use my box to stream HD movies as much as I play games on it. I have XEXMenu installed as a demo and Freestyle shows up as a 360 game like the Gameroom. I usually use Freestyle as it has all the functionallity of XEXMenu and then some. Both can launch xex files (backups, emulators, and such), both can launch xbe files (original xbox games), but one of the things Freestyle has over XEXMenu is it can launch XBLA from a usb device and not restricted to the 360's HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1