Hacking So whats the "cool" stylus?

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already made my order from play asia... so i imagine ill regret hearing this.. but is there a cooler stylus you all have? Isn't the DS Lite one even smaller than the phat? I'm not a 12 year old, I've got some hands... do they make a stylus for the big kids? And where does one have to go to get it?

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this: http://www.gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/2909/2909_1.html
It works really nicely, and it uses the original stylus, so I don`t worry much about scratches. As for where to get one like it... They sell them everywhere around me, but I somehow doubt you live nearby.

That looks so gangster
biggrin.gif
Then why don't you go and pick me up one
biggrin.gif
? Very neat find... ill scavenge around for one... but thats essentially what i was looking for. I have a case I can put it in, so I wanted the biggest/most comfortable stylus around

EDIT: Is there an english translation of what thats called? Some type/name so I can hunt around?

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
That looks so gangster
biggrin.gif
 Then why don't you go and pick me up one
biggrin.gif
? Very neat find... ill scavenge around for one... but thats essentially what i was looking for. I have a case I can put it in, so I wanted the biggest/most comfortable stylus around

EDIT: Is there an english translation of what thats called? Some type/name so I can hunt around?

I`d be happy to pick you up one. It`s only about $3 to $4, and small enough to send pretty cheaply. But if you include the shipping, it would still be probably more than you want to pay.

The translation on it is Touch Pen Grip. There are two versions, if you find it just be sure to check it`s the DSlite one or else the stylus won`t fit. I`m really glad I picked mine up because it feels like a real pen and I don`t have to crunch my hand up to use it... And I even have small hands.

edit: And I just did a search, they have it at YesAsia and it looks like a couple other places, but it`s expensive. The REAL price for it is like 315 yen, which is around $3 - $10 plus shipping is crazy. Seriously, if anyone wants one, let me know and I`ll try to get it to you cheaper - plus I can get all colors.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
I use this: http://www.gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/2909/2909_1.html
It works really nicely, and it uses the original stylus, so I don`t worry much about scratches. As for where to get one like it... They sell them everywhere around me, but I somehow doubt you live nearby.

So it's like a shell for the existing stylus, is it? And it looks like it clips onto the back? That's pretty cool. Does it clip sturdily, or will it easily fall off?

It doesn`t really clip, there is a plastic protrusion on it that plugs into one of the the strap holes on the back. I tried it with and without a strap - without a strap, it comes off pretty easily if you pull on it or are bumping it but it won`t just fall off on it`s own.
With a strap, it plugs in really snugly, and is a lot harder to knock off. But it does work, and even has that nice rubbery pen grip.
biggrin.gif

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a couple of these for the me and the kids and they work well. It's just a normal size pen casing that holds your oringal DS phat stylus. They come in different colors as well as some special edition, i.e. animal crossing ones. I have no idea why they don't sell them in the states as they make the DS much more adult friendly imo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-NDS-Stylus...VQQcmdZViewItem

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this one, and I love it. It has a little extra weight to it which makes it real nice. They make it for the dsphat and the dslite. Picture of this one below. http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NDSLT

Also I have a extendable stylus. It is metal, and it kind of looks like the antenna on the old boom boxes. It fits into the stylus spot perfect.
Also at best buy they sell a pen like stylus that is fat and has a nice rubber grip, and also the tip can retract, but you can't hook it to the ds. That don't matter if you have a pouch.

ndslt.jpg

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this one, and I love it. It has a little extra weight to it which makes it real nice. They make it for the dsphat and the dslite. Picture of this one below. http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NDSLT

Also I have a extendable stylus. It is metal, and it kind of looks like the antenna on the old boom boxes. It fits into the stylus spot perfect.
Also at best buy they sell a pen like stylus that is fat and has a nice rubber grip, and also the tip can retract, but you can't hook it to the ds. That don't matter if you have a pouch.

ndslt.jpg

how well does this fit inside the ds lite?, does it slip out, or does it lock in place nicely?

FuManChuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pouch, so I'm not too concerned... those metal ones look pretty slammin'.... ill do some research. Thanks for the feedback everyone
biggrin.gif
You guys are too helpful
biggrin.gif

DOUBLE EDIT:

Holy SHIT those panache arent cheap... and im so gonna blow the cash on one

and

Gawh i shoulda added this to my play-asia order D;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv