So whats the "cool" stylus?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FuManChuu, Nov 12, 2006.

Nov 12, 2006

So whats the "cool" stylus? by FuManChuu at 9:14 AM (1,937 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. FuManChuu
    OP

Member FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've already made my order from play asia... so i imagine ill regret hearing this.. but is there a cooler stylus you all have? Isn't the DS Lite one even smaller than the phat? I'm not a 12 year old, I've got some hands... do they make a stylus for the big kids? And where does one have to go to get it?

2. Wanque

Member Wanque GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The Lite stylus is a bit chunkier than the old one, I think.

I remember seeing some flexible stylus reviewed somewhere... although it looked like crap to me.

3. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
  4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The lite stylus is 1 mm thicker and 1 cm longer than the phat stylus.

5. FuManChuu
    OP

United States
    That looks so gangster [​IMG] Then why don't you go and pick me up one [​IMG]? Very neat find... ill scavenge around for one... but thats essentially what i was looking for. I have a case I can put it in, so I wanted the biggest/most comfortable stylus around

EDIT: Is there an english translation of what thats called? Some type/name so I can hunt around?

6. Tamyu

Japan
    I`d be happy to pick you up one. It`s only about $3 to $4, and small enough to send pretty cheaply. But if you include the shipping, it would still be probably more than you want to pay.

The translation on it is Touch Pen Grip. There are two versions, if you find it just be sure to check it`s the DSlite one or else the stylus won`t fit. I`m really glad I picked mine up because it feels like a real pen and I don`t have to crunch my hand up to use it... And I even have small hands.

edit: And I just did a search, they have it at YesAsia and it looks like a couple other places, but it`s expensive. The REAL price for it is like 315 yen, which is around $3 - $10 plus shipping is crazy. Seriously, if anyone wants one, let me know and I`ll try to get it to you cheaper - plus I can get all colors.

7. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    So it's like a shell for the existing stylus, is it? And it looks like it clips onto the back? That's pretty cool. Does it clip sturdily, or will it easily fall off?

8. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Either the pink kirby canvas curse or the castlevania extendable stylus is coolest.

9. Tamyu

Japan
    It doesn`t really clip, there is a plastic protrusion on it that plugs into one of the the strap holes on the back. I tried it with and without a strap - without a strap, it comes off pretty easily if you pull on it or are bumping it but it won`t just fall off on it`s own.
    With a strap, it plugs in really snugly, and is a lot harder to knock off. But it does work, and even has that nice rubbery pen grip. [​IMG]

10. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought a couple of these for the me and the kids and they work well. It's just a normal size pen casing that holds your oringal DS phat stylus. They come in different colors as well as some special edition, i.e. animal crossing ones. I have no idea why they don't sell them in the states as they make the DS much more adult friendly imo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-DS-NDS-Stylus...VQQcmdZViewItem

11. mikesinclair555

Member mikesinclair555 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use this one, and I love it. It has a little extra weight to it which makes it real nice. They make it for the dsphat and the dslite. Picture of this one below. http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NDSLT

Also I have a extendable stylus. It is metal, and it kind of looks like the antenna on the old boom boxes. It fits into the stylus spot perfect.
    Also at best buy they sell a pen like stylus that is fat and has a nice rubber grip, and also the tip can retract, but you can't hook it to the ds. That don't matter if you have a pouch.

[​IMG]

12. richardv

Member richardv GBAtemp Regular

United States
  13. PiNa

Newcomer PiNa Member

Czech Republic
  14. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I got elite glow in the dark stylus from GAME UK! The limited edition Castlevania one is sweet too.

15. Golds

Member Golds Old Member

United States

how well does this fit inside the ds lite?, does it slip out, or does it lock in place nicely?

16. FuManChuu
    OP

United States
    I have a pouch, so I'm not too concerned... those metal ones look pretty slammin'.... ill do some research. Thanks for the feedback everyone [​IMG] You guys are too helpful [​IMG]

DOUBLE EDIT:

Holy SHIT those panache arent cheap... and im so gonna blow the cash on one

and

Gawh i shoulda added this to my play-asia order D;

17. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Just preorder castlevania por at eb or gamestop... you get a free retractable stylus with it.