So What Now?

psychoxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered a dstwo and a regular 6$ card from shoptemp in November and also a big micro sd card (an oxymoron describing both its virtual and physical size respectively, lol). It said it shipped on the 17th of that month, and still hasn’t arrived. We all know what happened to this well known and reputable site, at least around here anyway. I followed what people were saying about it for at least a year before I decided to buy from them because I already had an r4i and it still serves me just fine, I just wanted what was considered to be the best and had finally had enough money to buy one. I did not want to lose that much money either (it’s a lot to me; seriously, I could eat for a month and half on that).

Taking both the facts that it was so highly spoken of and the fact that the website was so well put together and reassuring in the convincing me I would have no problems and would be completely satisfied I felt safe enough final to spend that much money online. I never spent any more than $15 dollars before. So what now? Don't rip into me please and say oh think of the poor rich guy that has to sell other stuff now and or what about the people that work there and got laid off (those places never close they just change into something else) Trust me. I was in the Philippines and worked at one. It’s not so different. Those are also some of the few educated people, whilst they may have lost their jobs, (and it cost a fortune to get an education because you basically buy it in places like that and there is little pay off as far as wages are concerned) they can get new jobs easily (unlike here).

Also I know so many of you here loved that site and I can see why if it worked for. I was almost in love myself, despite a little more cost. It was a reasonable trade off for the promised satisfaction and more importantly so called "shipped" product. So while I'm scrapping buy to go to college and taking a fairly specialized course in which I hope I can use to find a job in networking which may not be here depending on the economy? Did I waste my money on nothing? Could’ve gotten cash and had tp for a week less I had diarrhea. Look, I still have a sense of humor despite my rant.

I'm not as angry as I am disappointed, both by my foolishness and because of the neglected promises. They even made promises to reassure me after they closed. No need to worry or ask for refunds, if says shipped it is coming. Please no emails it is only "me" here now. Who is this guy anyway? I had a bad feeling at the start but let go and let you all convince me it would be okay. Now I sit $80 bucks shy of a steak dinner or better some bill I could pay. (I did save that money so therefore I'm not that much behind, I could just be that much better). Not to mention I am about to be two years sober in a less than a month so I know money better than most and know just how efficiently it can be used. (It even breaks my heart some to know that if that money is just gone or even worse and it went into someone's pocket who makes promises of delivering goods and has no real intentions of keeping said promise, rather than going to someone who needs such as a homeless child.) BTW I don't do phone charities or internet charities specifically because of events like this and I don't know who to trust, but I regular donate to my local goodwill, even going out of my way to gather goods from friends yard sales, every weekend without bothering to get a tax receipt. I could save a lot of money that way, but I feel like that would be cheating the government because I did not outright purchase the items that I donate myself. (Don't count the bought items because those are mostly donated to me as well when I mention what I do with them and for those who ask me for a receipt I just tell them to take the items themselves, cause I make nada.)

I feel very strongly about this and my beliefs. Over everything in this world, I believe it is people’s responsibility to try to bring fairness and justice into an unfair world. How can it not be our responsibility? It’s the one thing that every civilization has claimed since the first, now more than ever before. It’s the one thing actually seems to hold true in nature. A fair and just balance. It’s the one thing we all can recognize as being much needed and under delivered. We see things all the time that need to be fixed yet how many of us do? I see men that won't relinquish their seat to woman, and woman who yell at hungry children. And there is me, while I do what I can in my community, I disgust myself that I would gravel with such a trivial matter such as this injustice. Perhaps I wouldn't be so vexed had this happened to me at the shady, Engrish site that I ordered my r4i from at ultra low cost from Slovakia. I was expecting in fact to lose that $15 I spent on such a long shot with sub-par to failing reviews on reseller reviews. I would in fact have bought a dstwo or a-kard from them had they not only sold my spectacular r4i that can do just about anything else the dstwo can do, takes a bit of time and effort,(besides slow gba). I believe from what I've seen it is better in some aspects such as battery (lasts long as a game does in dslite and almost in dsi).

At any rate I believe I'm done with my rant/sob story. I expect no empathy. As a matter of fact I expect to be flamed. Naturally, just look where I am. LOL. I also do not expect any retribution or compensation. I seriously would just like to know WTF am I supposed to do? Will anyone correct this or will I just be punished for "sitting next to the devil" as my grandma used to say? I was clearly promised this exact situation would not happen as it is surely everyone's biggest concern with online shopping and yet the exact situation has happened to me. I would love for someone to swoop in and say "it’s not over yet, don't give up, I found a solution for you!", but I don't believe that is very likely and I do believe in this case I will get exactly what I expect. A big steaming pile of flaming and another big steaming pile of jack. Thank you to anyone who reads this all the way to the end. I would also like to thank anyone in advance who doesn't flame me!

Side-note>> I work two jobs to support my family and go to school. The simple r4 card was to be a Christmas present for my 6 year old boy whom was sorely dissappointed. It was going to be Daddy's special present to him so that he could something cool like his Dad's on his ds. I'm glad I never fully explained to him how cool it was going to be or I'd never hear then end of it. Just lucky I had enough money that I got santa to get an used 360 from a pawn shop and give that to him. But I don't think that could even beat what was to be Daddy's special present of which he only got nothing. (Go Shoptemp!
nayps3.gif
)

psychoxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah.. I just wanted to say any feedback is welcomed. Even the flames, albeit redudant, for I will either not dignify them responses or will shut you down with an onslaught or prose you will soon not forget. My story is neither a tragedy or comedy. In fact just take it for what it is, a true story a dissappointed father and and son who live in a poor town, trying to bring some light into others lives as the foremost priorty of our daily lives and every once in a while a smidgen into our own. Its not just a wall... its a good story. Try reading it first please.

psychoxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnx for the suggestion. This is the first forum post I ever made. Forget the rules of basic writing sometimes when your doing something new.

psychoxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I live in the U.S., but its not illegal here and they doesn't explain why so much time has passed I even was given a tracking number from China post and thats as far as it got. Still its pretty crappy for there to be no way to refund my money or have a different company ship it to me. Thats what i was getting at it. I know that guy didn't just stop being in the business altogether. Not with inventory still stocked in his warehouse. He either is operating under a new business name or sold his stock to a friend in the business. It's not as if he is going to starve over this little speedbump. All I want is a guarantee to be honored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P