Homebrew So what is Nintendo actually checking?

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been led to believe that it's just the online-early thing that gets you caught, but some are claiming the leaked copies are version 0.0 and that Nintendo will be able to detect that even after Street Date and ban anyway.

I'm sure I could always back-up the save and then just get the Freeshop download if this is the case, I just want to make sure I don't get myself banned by going online even after the release date.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think that they just ban hammered any id that went online.
Most cart to cia dumps have version 0 and not 32. My pokemon Y dump is 0 and I have not gotten banned

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still think that they just ban hammered any id that went online.
Most cart to cia dumps have version 0 and not 32. My pokemon Y dump is 0 and I have not gotten banned
I'm guessing there was a whitelist of review copy Unique IDs that were allowed.
Since installed games use your console's Unique ID, this caused a mismatch.
Now the game's actually out in some places, this is no longer relevant.

D

Deleted User

I think it's the fact that the leak is a reviewer copy and they were not supposed to go online yet till release day.Now that Nintendo know that people got the leak,its unknown if they are just after people who are playing early or it may be a autoban for users who are using the game under the serial number but we won't know unless someone gets banned on release day with the leak.This is why we should of all just waited first before going online

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans