Hacking So what exactly is SNEEK and UNEEK!

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
should i upgrade to 4.2U to be able to have sneek+di/uneek+di or should i remain in 4.1U?

can i run cfg usbloader to sneek/uneek? how about vc/wiiware? (i always think that S/UNEEK+DI are only capable of this)

Please shed some light, sorry about this noob question.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
arjaylight said:
should i upgrade to 4.2U to be able to have sneek+di/uneek+di or should i remain in 4.1U?

can i run cfg usbloader to sneek/uneek? how about vc/wiiware? (i always think that S/UNEEK+DI are only capable of this)

Please shed some light, sorry about this noob question.

It does'nt matter what SM / region you are on.

Uneek / Sneek is completely parrallel to your real Wii.

You need a special MOD of CFG loader to use on Uneek.
But it's not needed.

Sneek/ Uneek has it's "own"menu for selecting games.
Yes VC an Wiiware are withou limitations, No need for cios.
Your HDD/ SD card will hold EVERYTHING.
The files on your Real Wii aren't used AT ALL.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for GC games you can only use sneek+di + DML

compatibility on GC games using sneek+di = compatibility DML

compatibility swiss is better

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until now, I've resisted doing anything new to my Wii simply because it has been fine with my current setup: my Wii has a hard mod, but I still run CFG USB loader for games, and all of my WiiWare and VC games run from a fairly large SD. I'm interested in UNEEK but don't want to break anything.

So my question is can this be installed to a USB hard drive that already contains data? For example, mine currently has only one partition, which is FAT 32, but it also contains all of my game files. Does the autoinstaller for this need a fresh drive or will this work?

Also, can I choose WHEN to load this or is it automatic? All of my games are in wbfs and from what I read this doesn't yet support that format. I still want to be able to use CFG USB loader for my games since it's already setup (unless that structure and those files will already work with UNEEK).

Thanks for the help. I've been around awhile but have taken a long break from the Wii scene and am now trying to get my head around all of the newer developments since I moved on to the 360 last year.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kid sampson said:
So my question is can this be installed to a USB hard drive that already contains data? For example, mine currently has only one partition, which is FAT 32, but it also contains all of my game files. Does the autoinstaller for this need a fresh drive or will this work?

yes it will work with sneek

QUOTE(kid sampson @ Sep 18 2011, 04:13 PM) Also, can I choose WHEN to load this or is it automatic? All of my games are in wbfs and from what I read this doesn't yet support that format. I still want to be able to use CFG USB loader for my games since it's already setup (unless that structure and those files will already work with UNEEK).

http://gbatemp.net/t307200-testers-wanted

support wbfs format

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to go ahead an post here becuase this is a help thread kind of if you ask me:
I have a 500GB HDD in WBFS with my games. Can I use this same one for UNEEK, I'm really interested in it.
biggrin.gif

If not then what do I do to make it SNEEK approved but still have my games in it.

dagnall3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i hope someone replys to this...
i am wanting the uneek+di or the sneek+di but my Q. is most of my games are burnt onto disc's and i also have a few originals as well
im just wondering if i can still play games this way without putting them onto my hard drive or memory card please respond if anyone can help thankyou in advance :)

HackAllDevices

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been reading the pages on this thread to understand what uneek/sneek are. I have a softmodded wii and I boot to USBLoader to play my wii and gamecube, and n64 backups. I play the GC games from my SD card (DML) and all other games are played through USB. I have everything set up the way i like it so why should I use SNEEK/UNEEK? I really dont care about the fact that it makes your wii nearly impossible to brick; thats just something I dont need to worry about. If I decide to use SNEEK/UNEEK, can I still use the same boot.dol I use for CFG or other homebrew apps, or do I need to download different versions of these wii apps/loaders/emulators to be compatable? Can someone give me a reason to do it, im on the fence about it because I just don't see a reason to do it. My curiosity might be enough to try it out though.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, consider the following scenario then, if the brick protection it provides doesn't appeal to you: You're going to friends houses a lot, and you get tired of copying your save games to an sd card, backing up their saves, and moving your saves onto their wiis, and then back onto your sd card when you're finished. With Sneek or Uneek you can have all of your saves with you no matter where you go, as long as they have Bootmii on their Wiis. It keeps your saves free to be used on any Wii that can have Bootmii IOS, or even used with Dolphin on PC/Mac/Linux, and used again on the Wii later.

Another possible use is the ability to have a ton of WW/VC games installed on the emulated nand, so they don't take up room on your real Wii.

But again, if you don't travel a lot, or don't use Dolphin, and think the brick protection is useless, or don't have a lot of VC/WW sneek probably isn't for you.

D

Deleted User

Can I use this to have an only Wii wad on a virtual vWii while protecting my actual vWii?

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully some of the gurus monitor his topic. I just have a couple of questions.

1. I have a 240gb external hard drive. If I want to use this for uneek do I format the whole drive as FAT32, or do I need to partition it with the 2nd partition used for games etc.

2. What are the advantages of using the step by step (Advanced guide) opposed to the installer?
2a. Is there a tutorial for using the installer.

3. I'm on 4.2e does my virtual nand need to be the same?

4. I want uneek so I can get into c3 rock band customs, is their anything extra I need to do in uneek setup?

Many thanks

Zoot

Last edited by zootoxin,

elshiftos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've thought about it and it does sound like alot of fun, I've been using the CIOS and IOS set up with my external HDD to play wbfs games for years now with out any problems. I have the black wii so I won't be able to play gamecube or wii backups though I'd love nothing more then to play Gamecube games again I have allot of backups. I think I'll use UNEEK instead of SNEEK, which is the preferred version? and will I have to uninstall the patched CIOS and IOS files and reset my wii to normal to use either SNEEK or UNEEK properly?

I've been thinking about replacing my white Wii with a black one, purely for aesthetic reasons. As per your comment above, why can't the black one play GC or wii backups?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1