Hacking So what can I do with a hacked Vita?

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "double space" thing is a meme at this point. You can install them using Maidumptool as a folder, since .vpks are renamed .zip folders. Maidumps are just preferred because they go hand in hand with Maidumptool.

Also we can't forget about oclockvita, mods, using Dualshock controllers/Wiimotes with your system, and native resolution hacks, baby!

Reactions: Disco

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "double space" thing is a meme at this point. You can install them using Maidumptool as a folder, since .vpks are renamed .zip folders. Maidumps are just preferred because they go hand in hand with Maidumptool.

Also we can't forget about oclockvita, mods, using Dualshock controllers/Wiimotes with your system, and native resolution hacks, baby!

Which basically improves MANY games that were intentionally underclocked to save battery and therefore play slow. Also, depending on what game you want, some are available only as VPK files and some are only available as MaiDump folders. Also, if you’re going to add DLC, keep in mind what it originally was. If it’s VPK format, just extract it and put it to addcontent_plain and it should work. If it’s MaiDump, you have to install it as a folder and change the load mode to 5. But, MaiDumpTool freezes if you either are trying to install over 20 games at once or if you’ve got over 20 games and want to change the load mode.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People preffer mai dumps because the way the dumper works is better, it dumps a lot of metadata that vitamin doesn't, vitamin instead does work-arounds thru this issues leading to messier dumps...

I'm pretty sure you just made up that people "preffer them because they go hand in hand together" lol

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People preffer mai dumps because the way the dumper works is better, it dumps a lot of metadata that vitamin doesn't, vitamin instead does work-arounds thru this issues leading to messier dumps...

I'm pretty sure you just made up that people "preffer them because they go hand in hand together" lol

I figured that because Maidump's additional metadata doesn't have any effect on the end user and Vitamin 2.0 dumps work just as fine as Maidumps, there was no real reason to prefer them for installation

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured that because Maidump's additional metadata doesn't have any effect on the end user and Vitamin 2.0 dumps work just as fine as Maidumps, there was no real reason to prefer them for installation

Lol wut? Of course end users will always benefit A LOT from cleaner dumps, games are less likely to randomly bug or crash your system.

We have a clear example in the Wii U scene, you have loadiine and you have the USB install method... Loadiine dumps are really messy, they'll have glitches among other issues like some games ocasionally crash users while entering specific places or performing actions repeated times, not to mention that a lot of games are completely unplayable ... While USB installs are perfect.

Of course the diference gap between maidumptool and vitamin isn't as noticeable as the difference between Loadiine and USB method but the point still stands, users will always benefit from cleaner dumps.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

There's a clear cut difference between it working and it working well.

Reactions: Tony_93

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a clear cut difference between it working and it working well.

I am only aware of the save bug being the only error with Vita dumps (ignoring Omega Vitamin), and that applies to both Maidump and Vitamin dumps. I know some games don't dump with Vitamin (like Nuclear Throne), but what game that can be dumped with both tools is better as a a Maiump?

*I know that the save bug is independent of the tools. I was just saying that's the only problem with dumps I know

Last edited by InquisitionImplied,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: you wanna know the worst night i had?