grog.gif

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, i understand that. but what will the wii be good for? what will be the use of it if we already have computers that can do most things?

only thing i can think of is emulators, heralding the death of the virtual console
frown.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
well, i understand that. but what will the wii be good for? what will be the use of it if we already have computers that can do most things?

only thing i can think of is emulators, heralding the death of the virtual console
frown.gif

Imagine using the Wii's SD slot to play Divx movies from your very own Divx Channel. Or having a Linux Channel. Stuff like that would be very cool.

HippoSheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dietzel.com
XP
Country
United States

frown.gif

Imagine using the Wii's SD slot to play Divx movies from your very own Divx Channel. Or having a Linux Channel. Stuff like that would be very cool.

That would be REALLY cool...We're getting closer...

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, we can make a wii homebrew game that utilizes Head Tracking and make a game w/ 3d environment. for now, head trackign can only be used by a computer w/ wii remote & sensor bar, but if we can make a homebrew game that go with it, then F*CK YEAH!

watch head tracking on youtube to see what i'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

DBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well you can also create new games for the wii... or maybe a wii action replay channel, or a wii new menu or soft mod since now they can start dumping ram data and discover new things about the wii. Wii mail, wii IM messanger, support for webcam, anything you want you wii to do...

or what else? a real multimedia player that plays also dvd? I would like to see that for example....

ocarson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it would allow independent game developers to utilize the wiimote in a seemless way for the end user. creating wiimote games for the pc requires the user to set up a lot of software, and additional hardware. All the noncommercial, yet interesting and unique ideas people have for wii games and demos could have a place on an sd card wedged firmly inside your wii.

Surely that justifies homebrew software.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well sphere9 is particularly right. Homebrews are pretty pointless when you have pc, maybe other console and stuff.
If there will be homebrew scene like psp's then it could be cool, but usually homebrew coders don't do nintendos so much : D

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just waiting for the one MUST HAVE feature - a custom firmware, or a way of changing the language on a Japanese firmware console.

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
think about never having to waste a dvd on a crappy wii game again....think of being able to mount iso's from a external hdd plugged into the wii.
Thats the most exciting possibility I think, along with a Linux channel. I think this will be one of the first things to come out of it. Once they've done that, it will make it easier to test ISO's for homebrew developers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive