Hacking So, the CycloDS is a bit tight...

Trilkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...going into my DSLite. Is this normal? I've heard horror stories of the back of DS's actually breaking due to oversized carts, so I'm just making sure this won't happen to me=(

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's fine with me. Don't worry about it, there's nothing to worry about. Especially regarding the back breaking. That's just ridiculous.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The CDSE actually fits a lot better than many other cards. The M3DS Real for example fits so tight it cannot even eject without external help, yet despite countless M3DS users, I have yet to hear of a single case of that occurring.

Trilkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually do need to pull the cart out with a bit of manual help. It doesn't just pop out. As long as it isn't a danger to the back of the DS Lite breaking, though, I'll trust you guys.

I guess I'll also add that my TTDS doesn't have that problem at all, which is why I was a bit leery.

After a few inserts, it seems to be a bit better. It pops out enough now that I can grab it with my fingers.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Even if it is not snug fit, the things said about M3 real is true, and those work too.

Also, Plastic is not greater than metal, just saying

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ProtoKun7 said:
Sumea said:
No, but plastic goes through mercury fairly well.
... not sure what was point of that post, BUT if you have not noticed, the Slot 1 is a 100% metallic case what takes the whole cart inside... enforced by the plastic casing of DS on top of that.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sumea said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Sumea said:
... not sure what was point of that post, BUT if you have not noticed, the Slot 1 is a 100% metallic case what takes the whole cart inside... enforced by the plastic casing of DS on top of that.
Not much of a point really, but mercury is a metal which is liquid at normal room temperature.

Either way, I've never heard of any case of the back of a DS breaking because of anything like this. Would there happen to be any sources on that?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ProtoKun7 said:
Sumea said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Sumea said:
Not much of a point really, but mercury is a metal which is liquid at normal room temperature.

Either way, I've never heard of any case of the back of a DS breaking because of anything like this. Would there happen to be any sources on that?

I was saying that because of such build, anything like that SHOULDN'T happen, at least with laws of physics in this world...

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Sumea said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Sumea said:

Yes but what if he has one of those limited edition mercury DS's? although if that's the case then not being able to play games is the least of his problems

G

GentleFist

I have a M3 DS Real and its not tight at all, it basically falls in...

But maybe thats because all the hinges are already broken and the sticker is missing?

I don't remember how it was when it was new but I guess if I don't remember it didn't cause any problems.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Trilkin said:
I actually do need to pull the cart out with a bit of manual help. It doesn't just pop out. As long as it isn't a danger to the back of the DS Lite breaking, though, I'll trust you guys.

It's the same with the microSD. Once it goes in and out a few times it gets a bit looser.
wink.gif

eschiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just got a cyclods and it's really really tight. I have to forcibly push it out. Also the microsd slot is a bit too wide. The plastic edge is not glued in correctly and is loose...

I just sent a request for replacement to DX. I cannot accept this build quality, especially since my R4's build is much better than this...

Infectedlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the recent line of CycloDS's are VERY tight, and do not fit DS Lites properly.

I currently own three, all were purchased from Realhotstuff, two shipped in september 09, both fit fantastically, although I do not use those ones anymore. I recently bought another one, shipped march 30th, and it is tight.. it causes the DSL to "click" when I push it in. it also feels like it is not getting that tiny lift back up when you fully push it down. also to get it out I have to forcibly pull it out(and again it causes the DSL to click) I put it my DSPhat, and DSi, and it fits just fine in both of those

SigmaZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm this as well, I just got my CycloDS in the mail today and it's a tight fit, even my MicroSD card has trouble going in and out. I gave my old one away to a little cousin who has just bought her DS Lite so I figured I could just order a new on and use that, but it's quite annoying knowing that I had a better CycloDS then I do now.

EDIT: Taking a close look I just realised that the side of my CycloDS is scrapped because its so darn tight, argh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again