Hacking So should I give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eBay literally endorses bots that bid at the last second, preventing others from getting the item.
you should give up, i cant imagine you being able to handle the random errors/maintenance that come with owning a hacked switch.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
If I *stole* their shit, they wouldn't have it anymore. Piracy is different than stealing.
Regardless. They have almost unbelievable wealth at their disposal and if there's something they don't want you to do you can bet your ass it isn't going to be easy for you. Access to CFW is something we are lucky to have, not something anyone is entitled to. You aren't being punished for not buying a launch console you just aren't lucky enough to have bought one before Nintendo found their last security mistake.

Reactions: Rocky225

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
HWfly is the way to go if you find chip + service at a price you are willing to pay. Here in Brazil chip + service costs 2 games, so it worth it.

Softmod for Mariko is not coming I think.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Regardless. They have almost unbelievable wealth at their disposal and if there's something they don't want you to do you can bet your ass it isn't going to be easy for you. Access to CFW is something we are lucky to have, not something anyone is entitled to. You aren't being punished for not buying a launch console you just aren't lucky enough to have bought one before Nintendo found their last security mistake.
Almost all previous consoles were hacked by finding a badly coded game/app and exploiting that. On DSi it's the photo app, on 3DS it's Pokémon Picross. Are all the X games/apps really THAT SECURE?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost all previous consoles were hacked by finding a badly coded game/app and exploiting that. On DSi it's the photo app, on 3DS it's Pokémon Picross. Are all the X games/apps really THAT SECURE?
yes, because nintendo learned from their mistakes and sandboxed most of the important stuff on the switch.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
No. You just don't understand how hacking works. Previous consoles weren't hacked through badly coded apps, they used badly coded apps to get an entry point in to the system and used that to exploit mistakes in the firmware. If the firmware has no mistakes it doesn't matter if you have control over a game's code. I'm pretty sure this was already explained to you. What part of it don't you understand?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
There has to be ONE WAY TO DO IT. ONE WAY. Stop believing that the only way to hack the console will be via an unobtainable chip with a hard installation.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
There has to be ONE WAY TO DO IT. ONE WAY. Stop believing that the only way to hack the console will be via an unobtainable chip with a hard installation.
All computers are built on mathematics. It is entirely possible to have a perfect mathematical system and therefore a perfectly secure computer. Do some research before you talk shit you idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: lufeig

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Then how do I hack my Switch. So what, there isn't a way to downgrade the firmware or do actually ANY COOL STUFF with it?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Then stop saying dumb shit that contradicts reality despite being corrected by multiple people multiple times.

I've already wasted an unhealthy amount of money on game LICENSES (not the games themselves), to the point where people started calling me a paid shill to Nintendo. I want to hack my Switch so I do not spend a dollar more.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I've already wasted an unhealthy amount of money on game LICENSES (not the games themselves), to the point where people started calling me a paid shill to Nintendo. I want to hack my Switch so I do not spend a dollar more.
Well tough shit. Unless you happen to have a quantum computer laying around that's decades ahead of anything academia or industry have created you're going to have to suck it up and buy a mod chip because the Switch's firmware in it's current state is impossible to hack. Your only other hope is that Nintendo introduces several major new bugs in future updates without noticing.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then quit complaining and buy a unpatched v1.. according to your spending, it should pay for itself quickly..

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AliExpress has chips. Ali is basically the Amazon of China and half the crap you buy on Amazon is likely sourced from there at a fraction of the cost. It's not hard to verify that the site is legit. If you aren't willing to buy from there pay 2x the price to a reseller or 40K on an electrical engineering degree and build your own.
AliExpress is the king of the Chinese counterfeit websites, specializing in any kind of gear that it would be illegal to sell in a shop in Los Angeles. But compared to buying modchips from organized criminals? Yeah, it's "safe."

• Angry
Reactions: PopcornSweetie
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
**WHERE.**

Please refer to the previous posts. This is where everyone else buys theirs.

The chips work and Aliexpress give a good warranty that the goods will arrive and work, if not you get your money back. Only issue the install which is a bit of a nightmare, you might need to befriend somebody who can solder!

AliExpress has chips. Ali is basically the Amazon of China and half the crap you buy on Amazon is likely sourced from there at a fraction of the cost. It's not hard to verify that the site is legit. If you aren't willing to buy from there pay 2x the price to a reseller or 40K on an electrical engineering degree and build your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.