ROM Hack So, S-O-L on the Triple Triad game...Needing Help.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go figure, before actually writing anything on the computer, my programmers have decided to leave the project due to not understanding how the card game is played. So I'm calling out to the community here for some backup. I need some people who are pretty fluent in C++ and can help program this game. Me, I can't do jack in C++, and I'm the guy who can only make stuff look pretty, haha. Anyway, here are the basic rules that'll be used within the game.

Basic Rules:
Cards are placed on a 3 by 3 grid, and each player takes turns putting a card down. Before the game, each player chooses five cards from their stock to use for the game. The person who goes first is determined randomly, and then the game begins. Players take turns putting their cards down, and the object of the game is to have the majority of the cards be yours when the grid is full. Players can tell which cards are theirs by the color of the cards. The cards are double sided, and each player picks a color. When they win a card, they flip it over so it becomes their color.

One:
With this rule the winner of the card games gets to take one of the cards his/her opponent used during the match. This is good for players who prefer a low-risk game.

I'm pretty upset that my buddies left me already, but I really want to get this done. So, if any of you like Triple Triad and know some programming language...then offer your skills if you'd like. I really don't want to see this die out. I'll be looking into C++ myself, though I highly doubt I will know anything for this >.>;;

cry.gif

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get someone else interested, but they aren't 100% certain as to if they'll join me or not.

I will go there and see if I can pull some more people into the project as well. I don't want this to die out. So I will see what I can do.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and they didn't know how the 4 numbers worked apparently :[

It's a shame, I don't even know if they were interested or not on this all. But, hopefully I will see what I can get or do myself. Time to pull out the C++ books and all
tongue.gif

thanks for the frame, I will download it when I get home ^^ (currently in school and all)

bouzekry

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i'll be glad to help but not right now, I'm having my exams next week so i can't do much for now, when i'll finish i'll let you know, btw I'm a great fan of FF series and a game like that might be fun, I already know all the rules, even the expert ones, so there is no problem that way.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good!

I'm in no hurry at all, it'd just be nice to actually have it worked on and possibly released in the summer. I have all the cards and all, I just need to go through and resize them all to fit the DS screen and still look nice and easy to read the numbers. Also, the mat will be directly from the game, so it'll have to fit nicely on the screen. I'll start working on a lot of this tonight, so by the time you are ready the graphics for the cards themselves should be done.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving what I see in that framework :] However, I don't understand all of it of course, but it is pretty easy to look at and see what is what.

I have one major question though. What the heck does "u8" mean? I am clueless, and nothing seems to be popping up on Google or Yahoo. So, explanation on that please?
happy.gif

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPhantom said:
I'm loving what I see in that framework :] However, I don't understand all of it of course, but it is pretty easy to look at and see what is what.

I have one major question though. What the heck does "u8" mean? I am clueless, and nothing seems to be popping up on Google or Yahoo. So, explanation on that please?
happy.gif
It's shorthand for "unsigned, 8-bit"; you can find the definition in types.h. Let me know if you need an explanation for anything else, I tried to make it readable.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
CPhantom said:

happy.gif
It's shorthand for "unsigned, 8-bit"; you can find the definition in types.h. Let me know if you need an explanation for anything else, I tried to make it readable.
Yes, it is quite readable :] thank you again very much ^^

I do have another question...I assume that the Card.cpp is for the card list that we will be adding? I currently don't know much here, but I'm trying to get the hang of it. Also, when running the Debug.exe, I notice that the cards are played along the left and top sides of the card, and the top right corner is a player 1 card. I can see how the cards are 0=no player, 1=player, 2=player and how the numbers along the edges are going, however I don't see where those numbers on the cards are coming from ^^; If you could lead me in the direction of where they are coming from that'd be nice.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPhantom said:
I do have another question...I assume that the Card.cpp is for the card list that we will be adding? I currently don't know much here, but I'm trying to get the hang of it. Also, when running the Debug.exe, I notice that the cards are played along the left and top sides of the card, and the top right corner is a player 1 card. I can see how the cards are 0=no player, 1=player, 2=player and how the numbers along the edges are going, however I don't see where those numbers on the cards are coming from ^^; If you could lead me in the direction of where they are coming from that'd be nice.
The Card class represents a single card. I'm not sure how you're planning on handling deckbuilding and winning/losing cards so I didn't mess with those, but you're most likely going to need a Hand to hold the cards for each player, some way to store the card graphics and link them to the cards, and other stuff like that.
As for what shows up when you run the program, that's just a proof of concept. You can change the cards and where they are placed in the "int _tmain" function in main.cpp, but when you or your coders implement this in PAlib, _tmain() and drawGrid() would be replaced by appropriate DS-related code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*