So many IOS, noob question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Nov 5, 2008.

Nov 5, 2008
  1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I just see in the Anytitle deleter that I have 19 IOS installed in my Wii, not counting the IOS MIOS, IOS BC, IOS SYSMENU.

IOS249
    IOS16
    IOS28
    IOS22
    IOS14
    IOS35
    IOS34
    IOS33
    IOS31
    IOS30
    IOS20
    IOS17
    IOS15
    IOS13
    IOS12
    IOS11
    IOS21
    IOS9
    IOS4

So I'm going to be straight, what those IOS are', they use the internal Wii memory or they have a special memory space assigned' I was so near to make something really stupid to erase some

Feel free to mocking me

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I would not erase any with a number

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    obviously, everything that is supposed not to be erased each time you reset your wii is actually stored in the internal memory ...

IOS are like the windows kernel on your computer, without it, programs could not access the hardware
    Games & Channels (including the system menu) will require various version of IOS, that's why they all remain in internal memory once installed and it's better no to delete any of them

any IOS above 51 is a hacked IOS only used by homebrew applications like Backup Loader, Region Changers, ... do not remove them if you recently update your Wii or you won't be able to install them anymore

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    What would of happened.......lol

5. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    if you have IOS5 (thats a five), it is custom, and you can remove it, but there is really no reason.

having a custom IOS already installed has been shown to be a good thing since this last update.

if you know your wii isn't gonna upate, no worries, delete away

you can delete every IOS except 30 and 4, and leave all others such as Sysmenu and MIOS, etc.
    and then, as long as you don't have something blocking disc updates,
    then all the normal IOS will just reinstall as you try to run discs that have them in the update partition.
    if you were to then remove IOS4, everything would still boot normally (with just IOS30, and the other stuff)
    but you would have to use a modified version of WadManager (to run off 30) to install all the IOSes needed for games to run manually
    also you need IOS51 for WiiShop, period.

all-in-all no real point and a lot of work. basically no space saved at all....total of maybe 1 NES VC Game's worth of space....maybe