So many Bricks today

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MuratTemp, Jan 4, 2017.

1. scott0bloke

scott0bloke GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    i bricked my console 3 times following a youtube tut to recover console from a soft brick hold L R A up on dpad and start update console and only follow the youtube tut for ctr transfer and https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax for arm9loader hacks

2. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Or, just use https://3ds.guide/ the whole way and dont brick at all ;)

slaphappygamer and x65943 like this.
  3. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    I wouldn't call it a brick since recovery mode worked, but definitely awful to have that happen to you.

PS don't share youtube tutorials because they aren't easily updated and will just confuse people later on. Link text guides like 3ds.guide

4. scott0bloke

Jul 4, 2013
    yeah i wasn't going to link the you tube tut :D gotta love that damn 3ds guide

5. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Being honest, i wish i had enough technical knowledge to create something like that for the wii u scene. the 3ds.guide has to be one of the best things ive seen any homebrew scene have, ever.

XRaTiX likes this.
  6. scott0bloke

Jul 4, 2013
    the best we can do is donate my man

7. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    this could be achieved by doing a modular video - parts will be updated as the guide gets updated -
    snippets via video

8. Ghost Liberator

Ghost Liberator Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    Chile
    The South American Texas :p
    every poor soul got "yakareado", this is why i'm recommending every hardmod client (just nfirm downgrade) to refer to plailects guide as it has clean files instead of the ones used in Yakara's videos, as he edits the software to make them more "straight forward" but opens gap to even bigger user errors, or leave the work to me and pay for the time i waste in their console instead of doing anything else

Arubaro likes this.
  9. SonicCloud

SonicCloud a crybaby <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    Im wondering why Yakara didn't deleted his OTP and why other people used it? Im pretty sure Yakara should have explained something about not using others OTP , if he didn't then it was basically his fault :/ . But if he said it why other people used it? ._.

Arubaro and Ghost Liberator like this.
  10. machull

machull Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    im a complete noob to 3ds and today i went from offical 11.2.0-35 to the same firmware but with cfw by following the guide so it can be done if you just take your time and follow the step

Ghost Liberator likes this.
  11. Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    Chile
    probably he just uploaded everything to have the video ready to go and used the files that were meant to go with it WHILE making the video, such a fatal error imo, but still bugs me that he has an ad in his website about hardmod and softmod services for the colombian 3ds users and the bricked consoles could as well go to his hands for repair with hardmod and then a9lh'd fully working, just an assumption on easy money by my side. Personally i blame him for being so irresponsible and i really hope that he repairs the consoles (at least the ones owned by colombians) for free.

rphlfjrd likes this.
  12. SonicCloud

SonicCloud a crybaby <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    True , Yakara is always trying to be the first one to do a tutorial when something new (especially about 3DS) comes out.
    Im pretty sure he will take handle of this , atleast of the colombian consoles . Its unknown if he will do the same to other countries from Latin America or just to Colombia.

And yeah , if Yakara in his tutorial didn't said to do not use anyone else OTP its his fault , no matter how his suscribers blame on you not that i hate Yakara

Ghost Liberator likes this.
  13. Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    Chile
    i think a shoutout to the hardmodders in the other countries is to be made asap, i don't find correct that 3ds users wanting to get into homebrew and got a brick should be left behind. I just hope right now that they haven't deleted their nand backups due to anger or frustration

Hyoretsu likes this.
  14. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    Ah. Well that's not my tutorial, that's for sure. I double checked my files before uploading them.
    (on the description of the video on @Hyoretsu 's thread.)

ItsKipz likes this.
  15. scott0bloke

Jul 4, 2013
    your tut was great for the ctr transfer on my eur console but i needed the gods guide to install a9lh

16. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    We were aware that's why I added a comment to download and replace files.
    Now, I have updated the link on the description so that it won't happen again.

Thanks for using my tutorial though.
    I will update it once again when there's an update on files. (Surely, the method of installing is the same. If not, I'll make another video)

scott0bloke likes this.
  17. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Bricks have been happening for quite some time, doesn't matter what firmware version, shit happens.

18. capito27

capito27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Swaziland
    what is the problem you're currently having ?

19. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    eShop was telling me I entered incorrect informations for my CC, although I checked it 5 times.

20. NoNAND

NoNAND Just a GBAtemper thriving in his natural habitat

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    DinohScene's Discord Server
    Nope. The 3ds.guide is alot easier.